Forums Latest Members

After buying a wonderful Omega watch, I'm going to just focus on enjoying it.

1. Keef Richards May 12, 2019

Totally in love with my Seamaster watch. There is not another watch I would rather have. Then after praising it on seveal threads I made the mistake of starting to focus on what I want to buy next. ::facepalm1::

It's important to really focus on a great purchase. I am wearing it every day and my Tag Heuer Aqua Racer black dial and Raymond Weil gold watch with white dial are taking a break. I am deciding to stop shopping on line and just enjoy this beautiful watch. :D

MTROIS, rmarks, SpeedyD and 10 others like this.
  2. wagudc May 12, 2019

So true. It is not just watches. We have to stop to enjoy the moment and not always focus on the next thing.

3. Evitzee May 12, 2019

Agree.....put new watches on hold and focus on enjoying what you have. Fine watches are like busses, they'll be another coming along in 20 minutes.

Ekonomer-Tuomas likes this.
  4. Meme-Dweller May 12, 2019

That's what we all said. When the honeymoon period is over, all hell breaks loose on your bank accounts. Better secure your finances now before the bug hits you!

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. 77deluxe May 12, 2019

Best thread in quite a while. Low bar considering the “correct arm to wear your watch on” and how often should I (can I) wind the moon pro” threads. Regardless, great watch. Enjoy Keef. Enjoy.

MTROIS, SpeedyD, Dan S and 2 others like this.
  6. Dohnut May 13, 2019

I'm in a somewhat similar position. I bought my SMP about 3 weeks ago and was already thinking about the next purchase before I collected it.

It was bought with the intention of being a daily and it will be for the foreseeable future, it's an amazing watch and I couldn't be happier BUT, the urge to buy another watch (Aquis GMT in my case) just won't go away.

Have set a self imposed ban until the new year.

Wonder if my will power is that strong though!

7. Risto May 13, 2019

I'm selling all my Omegas (just 1 left) and buying a Speedy (not decided between vintage or new) for daily as just a one watch.

8. Bp1000 May 13, 2019

I’ve never bought a watch and immediately thought about what next.

I always buy watches based on feeling. Doesn’t matter what it is, if it feels right than I normally buy.

Trouble is I keep buying and yes i do agree you don’t give yourself enough time to appreciate.

For me it’s not greed. I just simply love watches and I try to buy interesting watches, starting with dials, hands and bezels.

I think I just need to become more selective as I’m finding I’m not wearing some of my collection enough.

So completely agree. Take the time to enjoy.

I usually pick a watch for the week and stick to it. That way, it gets the attention it deserves.

9. Tigeranteater May 13, 2019

Good plan!

10. jsducote May 13, 2019

Aww, those are two of my favorites, but I'm still just a FNG, so what do I know? :D
    I love the sentiment here, since I'm in a place where it feels like buying something will make me happy, or at least distract from other crap. The truth is that it won't, because that has to come from within, else the next shiny baubles will just remind me that I don't have it, and the cycle of suffering continues.

wagudc likes this.
  11. boraxman May 13, 2019

I havent really planned or thought about any next purchase myself. I wanted a diver style watch and started with looking a Tag, Longines, etc. and when I discovered the Omega's I knew that the PO was for me. I dont feel the need for a bunch of watches at the moment - Guess that could change...

12. Omega-Q May 13, 2019

But, you have to admit that you're reading that massive 51 page Apollo 11 50th Anniversary SS Speedmaster thread! Well, I am because it is so darn entertaining! :D However, I do agree with you...I'm enjoying mine as well (as soon as it gets back from the Service Center that is)...

MTROIS likes this.
  13. chum_2000_uk May 13, 2019

This thread really resonates with me. So often I pine over something for months, then more often than not I'll end up doing some outrageous man-maths to justify buying it and go ahead and purchase it. No sooner have I got it, I start picking holes in it, and either start looking for the next thing or look at ways I can chuck money at it to make it better.

It's not only watches. I seem to do it with lots of other hobbies too, which generally come and go, until something sparks my interest in them again. Sometimes I genuinely think I'm sick in the head. Probably am!

I'm trying to do exactly what the OP suggested, take time to appreciate what I've got, live with it for a while before making any rash decisions. I'm trying to do that with my Planet Ocean right now, even though I'm tempted to sell it and look for something different.

blacka01 likes this.
  14. jsducote May 13, 2019

The thrill of the chase is a different, yet equally potent drug

RedarT, Keef Richards and MTROIS like this.
  15. bz0123 May 13, 2019

Nothing will ever make you happy.

MTROIS likes this.
  16. MTROIS May 13, 2019

Indeed.... but someone will! Be it family, friends, children, spouse, pets....

17. bz0123 May 13, 2019

Either they'll die or you will. Die and be mourned or live and mourn.

18. MTROIS May 13, 2019

Wow, that's a bid dark! :eek::thumbsdown:

It is not the destination that matters.... but the journey!! :)::love::

19. Keef Richards May 13, 2019

Here is me enjoying my amazing watch. Its telling me it's time to read the Readers Digest. :thumbsup:

20190513_190317~2.jpg