Advise Seamaster De Ville

Posts
2
Likes
0
Hi everyone,

I currently have the opportunity to buy this vintage seamaster de ville, according to the seller with the following specs:

Cal 613
Ref 136.020 SP
Serie. 2616*
Year +- 1968
ca. 34-35mm without

After conducting some research, I discovered that the cal (caliber) in this watch was introduced later and shouldn't be present in this particular model. As a newcomer to buying vintage Omega watches, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on whether or not I should make the purchase. The price is around $250. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
 
Posts
13,514
Likes
23,449
That movement is fine for that watch/ref. The dial picture is very low resolution but I’m not seeing any red flags and that’s a decent price if you like it.
 
Posts
2
Likes
0
Thank you guys for the input and clarification on the movement.
 
Posts
9,213
Likes
76,774
Thank you guys for the input and clarification on the movement.

Post photos if you get it
 
Posts
2,799
Likes
3,726
Price isn't horrible, but I'd plan on a service, especially after the seller has had his greasy fingers all over the movement!
 
Posts
90
Likes
37
Price isn't horrible, but I'd plan on a service, especially after the seller has had his greasy fingers all over the movement!

I personally cringe anytime someone directly touches the movement. I know there aren't much short-term consequences but still...