Forums Latest Members

advise needed on this seamaster

1. Irishguy Aug 12, 2018

Hi all would like some advise on this watch , the number on the back of the watch is 58326129 , is this watch worth € 1000 ? The movement is Quartz , so the second hand ticks on it , it has a mark on the right of the bezel as can be seen in the photo attached - I've never had an omega before , Raymond Weil tango chronograph is my daily watch that I bought new about 6 years ago for € 1500 at the time , I will bring this omega to a jeweller tomorrow to check if it the real deal etc

image.jpeg
  2. kaisiang098 Aug 12, 2018

From your photo it does look like the ref 2541.80 which is the quartz version of the 90s bond watch. The asking price is reasonable. The aluminium bezel insert on these can easily scratched so seeing a scratch or 2 is pretty normal.
    Well personally i would save up a bit more and get the automatic version instead of the quartz.

Irishguy likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 12, 2018

It looks good to me, and the serial number confirms the model...

Serial number: 58326129
    Article ref: 25418000

Cheers, Al

Foo2rama and Irishguy like this.
  4. AQBill Aug 16, 2018

Assuming it all checks out, it looks very good and is at a good price point, too. I have a 1993 Omega SMP with a quartz movement and it's been both very reliable and accurate. Some consider anything with a quartz movement to be "children of a lesser God" but I beg to differ.