Forums Latest Members

Advise needed on microrotor 215-9

1. LaurentBxl Mar 23, 2017

hi all,
    I bought a Polerouter Sub first gen about 1 year ago. When I shake it gently it makes an audible ticking noise (like one tick per shake). I'm very familiar with the rotor noise, it is different and more like if something is lose (rotor bearing?, rotor touching back case?)
    The watch runs perfectly, power reserve is good and I hate opening watches when not necessary...
    Is this movement prone to some play in the rotor causing that noise? Or should I just not worry too much as long as it keeping good time and is winding fine?
    Thanks,
    Laurent

2. aap Mar 23, 2017

Hi Laurent

I once had a Polerouter NS that also made a ticking sound. Once opened, I found out the microtor was unhinged. I returned it to the seller, so I can't give you advise in terms of fixing it. But yes, it could be that the ticking noise is coming from the microtor being loose and tapping on the caseback.

-A

3. Carlton-Browne Mar 24, 2017

I'd say you need to open it to see if the rotor is rubbing on the caseback.

4. LaurentBxl Mar 24, 2017

it is of course the only case back i don't have the tool for.... i may try a friction tool... any idea where i could find the right tool? i think it is a 14 pans key....

5. ConElPueblo Mar 24, 2017

I used instant glue and a socket from a socket set. Cleaned of the remaining glue with acetone afterwards...

6. LaurentBxl Mar 24, 2017

Thanks guys...