Advice1962 Constellation full set especially good results

Posts
305
Likes
485
Even though it’s an 8220, not a 1502? I thought they were produced later.
Has anyone ever sorted this question? I was thinking 1036 could be first, followed by 1502 and then 8220, but I don’t know if there’s concrete evidence that was the case. The endlinks are a bit easier to understand as omega stamped 5’s in front of the newer ones (ie 511 is the newer version of the 11’s)

And to add, I thought dogleg Connie’s typically came on 7 row BOR not 5 row
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Yes, 7-rows are typical on doglegs. That‘s @Davidt s and my point. He’s just saying that some might have been equipped with 5-rows by the ADs, too, so they’d also be „original“. We’re on the same page that they’re still not as good a fit as the 7-rows.

The earliest 5-rows were sliding clasp examples that regularly weren’t stamped. The earliest #11 endlinks also were not stamped.
Then came 1502/11s, of which also 3010 exists. But that’s the most modern incarnation.
 
Posts
13,519
Likes
23,457
Even though it’s an 8220, not a 1502? I thought they were produced later.
I’d missed that picture.

However, I haven’t seen anything that gives a timeline for the various bracelet codes, 5 row or 7 row other than what you’ve already said about Endlinks.

My gut feeling is that being an 8220 makes it less likely its original as I assume these are a later reference but I don’t know if that’s actually the case