Forums Latest Members
  1. Brooke May 26, 2017

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 26, 2017

What are your thoughts, if you don't mind me asking?

Not much in the way of case pics, but seems to have seen a bit of polishing to my (admittedly poor) eyes. Dial pics are from far enough out that you can't zoom in closely, but the the 'made' in 'swiss made' is smudged. The seconds hand seems a lot worse off then the hour and minute hands. The single photo of the movement isn't the best either, but seems to show a less-then-great cleaning job in some areas (or there was some corrosion pitting), and some of the screws look to be a little chewed up.

You should do a quick search and verify the movement is ok for the model (I have no idea myself with searching).

Overall size is on the smallish side, so make sure you are okay with that.

I suspect this is worth a couple/ few hundred bucks, but not sure I would chase after it it it went much higher.

These are all my casual/ general observations, as I do not know the specifics of this model.

Brooke likes this.
  3. Brooke May 26, 2017

I am new to this endeavor and if I am to make a purchase I want it to be a wise one. I want a 1950s-1960s Seamaster and am not even close to confident enough to evaluate a watch myself, especially an online listing. I want something original and not refinished. I am not looking for a "deal" necessarily...I'd rather pay and get what I really want. The size, as I am a petite woman, is just fine.

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 26, 2017

You are wise to ask first, buy second!
    Please keep asking and perhaps share your likes and dislikes, we are eager to hook another one into this interesting hobby.

Brooke likes this.
  5. Nactex May 26, 2017

Brooke likes this.