Forums Latest Members

Advice please: Speedy chrono no longer working after servicing

1. roach374 Mar 17, 2023

I dropped my moonwatch (311.30.42.30.01.005) for cleaning and servicing at my local official omega dealer. They sent it off for servicing... somewhere.

Six months later, it was finally ready to pick up. It looks great, seems to work fine, but I come to find out the chronometer function no longer works. At all. The button does nothing.

I paid through the nose for servicing, and they broke my watch after making me wait six months. Is this standard quality of service for Omega?

Is there any way to get it fixed under warrantee, maybe without waiting another six months?

A (former) Omega fan.

2. MarcusF Mar 17, 2023

Is this a Omega registered AD ? Can you find it here ? https://www.omegawatches.com/en-au/store

They did not send it to Omega Switzerland ? 6 Months is nearly double the time my local OB gives in the moment ?
    Sounds to me, that your Dealer sends the watch to a independed busy repair center.

How much time did pass since the service ? Service is coming normally with repair.

No its not normal. Omege Chronograph service is app. 900 USD in the moement. This includes any movement parts, gaskets, crown normally. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/customer-service/interventions-and-prices/price-information

Some independed WatchRepair services take less for the service, but charge extra for parts. Prices i have seen are 500-700 USD for chonograph. If your Dealer did charge more then Omega for the service, then they took you probably for ride to make some cash.

Is there any way to get it fixed under warrantee, maybe without waiting another six months?
    31130423001005 does come with 5 year warranty form Omega. If your watch is from an AD with activated warranty and less then 5 years old, then you could go directly Omega.
    I am afraid otherwise you have to go back to the Dealer which oranised the repair for you.

OK.

roach374 likes this.
  3. Pun Mar 17, 2023

What you Omega dealer said? He should fix it.

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 17, 2023

Strange story. Does not make sense to me....

5. SC1 Mar 18, 2023

Troubling and odd.

6. bonzodog Mar 18, 2023

I would take it back where it was serviced.

7. macrodust Mar 18, 2023

You should have a warranty on the service. Bring it back and tell them to prioritize the fix to minimize the wait time.

Tekashi_145.022 and roach374 like this.
  8. Jeyoder84 Mar 18, 2023

I would reach out to the people that sent it in. They should have it fixed

roach374 likes this.
  9. roach374 Mar 18, 2023

Thanks for all your replies. To answer a couple of questions:

- I discovered the issue the same day I got the watch back from service.
    - yes it was an AD.
    - I did bring it back to the AD, and it's coveted under the service warrantee, but no guarantees on how long it'll take to fix.
    - the AD sends out to an Omega/Swatch service center here in Toronto.

So it's been sent back in. Hopefully I'll get it back before the earth crashes into the sun.

watchyouwant likes this.
  10. ErichPryde Mar 18, 2023

I can understand your frustration, but I'm pretty sure you'll get it back in your lifetime!

Hope it gets resolved quickly.

11. MarcusF Mar 19, 2023

Hopefully they push it trough faster. Warranty cases should have higher priority.

sheepdoll likes this.
  12. Caliber561 Mar 19, 2023

In a similar situation. The 3861 I received back from warranty repair around the end of last year had to go back to my OB again in February because the chronograph mechanism stopped working. I don't know if I'll be able to get it back before August, as apparently the warranty servicing channels are overloaded, probably with 3861s just like mine...

Anyways, not much one can do about the situation. If you've really been turned off to Omega as a whole by the experience, you can sell your watch and replace it with something else. That wouldn't be an unreasonable response in my opinion.