Forums Latest Members
  1. lillatroll Mar 23, 2015

I have decided that my next purchase is going to be the omega with the banana dial. So far I have learnt that many have replacement bezels and that they seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I have found two so far but there is quite a difference in price.
    What would a reasonable price bracket be for an original one be.
    Are these watches difficult to find in good condition( from what I can see a reasonable price is between 2 and 2.5 thousand dollars) or is it just a case of there are not many for sale right now?
    Any advice is appreciated.

2. Gaz6263 Mar 25, 2015

Here's mine image.jpg you'll do well to find one in this condition, or you'll just get lucky. These are pretty thin on the ground in any condition.
    Your making life hard for yourself by deciding this is going to be your next watch. You may have to wait a long time until you find one in the right price/condition . Good luck Gary

3. lillatroll Mar 26, 2015

Yours is beautiful, is it all original?

I am finding out that they are not that common. I have found one that is not stupid expensive but the bezel is a bit of a mess. Do you know if its possible to get a replacement bezel for this watch? The bracelet is not correct for the watch either. The dial looks good and it has been serviced by the shop selling it.

I am not looking to build an extensive collection, but as you say these do not seem that common, so having the funds ready when one comes up seems better than buying other watches that are more easily available. I only have a limited amount of money to spend on watches so I don't want to find one of these, but not have any money in my watch fund because I have spent it on another watch.

stuart

4. Gaz6263 Mar 26, 2015

It is all original. The bezels haven't been available for years, unfortunately. The bracelets are pretty flimsy being held together with split pins as well. The dials do degrade badly on these, so you see with the problems with the bezels/bracelets/dials finding a goodun is difficult . So all I can say is good luck with your hunt.

Gary