Advice on where to sell in the UK

Hi All,

Quick question looking to sell one of my Omega Watches as I really never wear it and I want a Marstimer. 馃榾
Where do you recommend for a safe easy sell in the UK? I am really not minded to go to eBay for this.

Thanks

Josh

Depends modern or vintage.
As safety and convenience go up, your price will go down.
Watchfinder are the obvious choice for an easy sale but I dread to think what they鈥檒l offer you.
There鈥檚 also Watchcollector and Watch Collector Leeds.

Hi All,

Quick question looking to sell one of my Omega Watches as I really never wear it and I want a Marstimer. 馃榾
Where do you recommend for a safe easy sell in the UK? I am really not minded to go to eBay for this.

You could also consider regional auction houses, there's one in Cambridgeshire that has a reasonable monthly turnover in Omega, Hamilton, highly obscure makes, Rolex even. They are listed via the online listings so have a full national and international audience. They are not super-knowledgeable so the estimates can be way out, last Saturday's auction [*] had an O&W that I liked, estimate 拢40-60, hammered at 拢600 (not to me 馃檨 ). I have bought and sold through them with no problems, and for me it's easy to go and take a close look at items.

[*] https://www.willinghamauctions.com/...w=grid-wide&searchOption=1&categoryFilter=WAT

You might want to indicate the watch you are selling. A modern commodity watch is very different from a vintage collectible. Anyway, only three more years of posting and you will be able to list watches here on OF. 馃憤

You could also consider regional auction houses, there's one in Cambridgeshire that has a reasonable monthly turnover in Omega, Hamilton, highly obscure makes, Rolex even. They are listed via the online listings so have a full national and international audience. They are not super-knowledgeable so the estimates can be way out, last Saturday's auction [*] had an O&W that I liked, estimate 拢40-60, hammered at 拢600 (not to me 馃檨 ). I have bought and sold through them with no problems, and for me it's easy to go and take a close look at items.

[*] https://www.willinghamauctions.com/...w=grid-wide&searchOption=1&categoryFilter=WAT

I have bought through my local as well. Most bidding is now online, so seem to achieve reasonable prices for sellers having a wider audience. Not so good for me stood there!
https://auctions.gardinerhoulgate.co.uk/

You could try Belmont Jewellers (online and physical presence in London) and Subdial. I鈥檝e bought from both of them.

Thanks all. Appreciate the advice. This is the watch I want to sell. Have box and all papers and only been worn a handful of times.

regards

josh

IMG_9740.jpeg

Oh.

Better disregard my suggestion. Not the sort of Omega I was thinking of, nor do I have any idea where to sell something like that. I think you need to brace yourself for an ice-cold shower.

Oh.

Better disregard my suggestion. Not the sort of Omega I was thinking of, nor do I have any idea where to sell something like that. I think you need to brace yourself for an ice-cold shower.
LOL/. fully expecting to make a loss but would prefer someone else to have it and enjoy it and of course to have some funds back to me to put towards something I would wear. 馃榾

Josh

You could try Belmont Jewellers (online and physical presence in London) and Subdial. I鈥檝e bought from both of them.
Have also had dealings with SubDial and have found them very helpful, professional and fair

Sundial gave me ridiculously low-ball offers on two omegas I鈥檝e sold recently. I subsequently sold them through a uk omega fb group and on eBay when it was an 80% off fees offer.

Sundial gave me ridiculously low-ball offers on two omegas I鈥檝e sold recently. I subsequently sold them through a uk omega fb group and on eBay when it was an 80% off fees offer.
Sorry to hear that 馃檨

Well I got the price I was after for both, so it鈥檚 no issue. But I won鈥檛 bother listing through Subdial again, their offers were a joke.

Hi all,

Looking at Watchfinder.co.uk. Anyone used them?
Thanks

Josh

Do a forum search, there are several threads on WF. You won鈥檛 receive a strong offer, but they鈥檙e reputable.