Forums Latest Members

advice on "watches for sale" and "auctions"

1. goodtrader Dec 6, 2015

I have been a member here for a almost a year and I am looking to sell 2 Omega watches.... I have never sold on this site but I have been selling on Ebay for many years.

First, I am wondering if I list on Ebay, how could I post my auction on the "AUCTIONS" tab above. And what are the rules governing this? Can you have a Buy-It-Now price as well?

Second, should i even bother posting the watches first on the "Watches for Sale" forum? Would most consider buying from someone who has never sold a watch on this forum (i.e. without a track record of sorts)?

Thanks!

2. redpcar Dec 6, 2015

Let's see what you have.
    Regarding ebay, I never even look at watches with a reserve. Buy-It-Now seems to be always too high for me. I prefer $.99 starting auctions and let the market determine. You will have global viewers for Omegas and should bring good money.
    This said, if you have very low feedback #s on ebay, it will deter the buyers willing to pay top dollar so Buy-It-Now with a reasonable price might be the best choice (they just may not sell as soon as you want). Just check to see what comparable models bring in a "Sold" search.

3. goodtrader Dec 6, 2015

hi redpcar, I have Speedmaster Auto triple-date 3523.80 and a '60-'61 Seamaster Chrono Ref 14360... I have plenty of good feedback on Ebay...

Omega14360_01.jpg OmegaAutoTripleDate_1.jpg

OmegaAutoTripleDate_1.jpg Omega14360_01.jpg
  4. obstando Dec 6, 2015

Are you in Australia?

Als 27, gophishin, tpatta and 4 others like this.
  5. goodtrader Dec 6, 2015

no in the US. I live in NYC... By the way, sorry about the repeating and upside down pics!

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 10, 2015

No problem here. I just flipped my monitor over.

Als 27, watchcollect and gophishin like this.