Forums Latest Members
  1. Igora Jan 24, 2017

I just got picture of crown:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 24, 2017

That's a service crown. Not a deal breaker for most as they were commonly replaced at service, but that dial isn't right, and the dial makes up a substantial part of the value of the watch. To put it in perspective, a nice wide spaced T dial sold not too long ago on ebay for about $2.2K usd.

3. Igora Jan 24, 2017

$5k.. When I see watch in person, I will decide, but considering all replaced parts, I would go max 4k.

oddboy likes this.
  4. Davidt Jan 24, 2017

Just bare in mind you're almost certainly talking c.$2k+ for a correct dial.

The picture of the crown you posted also suggests the case is softer than it looks in the other pics, so may have seen more of a polishing wheel. Of course it could just be the image as none of the pictures really give a good indication.

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 24, 2017

This is a seriously awful put together.

Others have all pointed out its failings, but honestly it's awful:

Wrong dial, that has had a logo glued on! If that doesn't make you run away from all the other dubious things that might have happened to it, now look at the inside caseback - what is going on there ? I have never seen a turned ledge there - it may be original, but I have not seen it in my experience.

The hands are almost certainly early service hands. I have observed many square end Chrono hands on 105.012's some of which have lovely patina and look like they belong on the watch. None have provenance to suggest they are original, and weight of evidence suggests service.

The notion that Omega just threw non design spec parts into watches just to get them out the door, has been discussed many times, but is only supported by speculation. It goes against everything I know about Swiss company practise, and indeed famously precise Swiss nature. In every watch I have found with incorrect parts, there is a strong likelihood of a service, and therefore the opportunity to replace the original parts.

Serial is to low to fit my observations of a 105.012-65.

6. Davidt Jan 24, 2017

Am I missing something here? How can you all tell the logo has been glued on from the first photo? I can barely make out anything from that picture and when I click on it, I just get taken to photobucket, but it won't open the file.

7. Igora Jan 24, 2017

""now look at the inside caseback - what is going on there ? I have never seen a turned ledge there - it may be original, but I have not seen it in my experience""

What is turned ledge?

8. Igora Jan 24, 2017

It is my opinion that logo is glued because it is to close to "omega", so i tought they glued it to hide white logo!
    I have never seen metal logo so close to "omega".. maybe i am wrong but...

Spacefruit likes this.
  9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 24, 2017

Forgive my crude editing!

IMG_0247.JPG

10. Davidt Jan 24, 2017

Bloomin' heck! You've got better eyes than me if you can see that from the first set of pictures (clearly correct, as it can be seen in the new picture above).

Unfortunately the dial's worth very little then. Only really worth the parts value.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  11. Igora Jan 24, 2017

And there is a service dial at speedmaster101 that also have logo close to Omega. I dont know what to think any more!

[​IMG]

12. Igora Jan 25, 2017

Decision has been made!
    I am going for it!
    4200$
    It is a service "T" dial replaced many years ago (not glued logo, as I tought it was), and hands that are easy fix as well as crown!
    Tnx for info guys!

oddboy likes this.
  13. abrod520 Jan 25, 2017

Good luck, but the photos you posted of the dial show the logo incorrectly applied to the top of the "Omega" lettering... something's up with it IMO. I think it's a run of the mill '80s tritium dial (see the drop 'S' in the Speedmaster text) with a metal logo, yes, glued on.

EDIT: For $4200 though you could've done worse. That DON bezel looks fantastic, and you'll be in good shape once you can find a correct dial :thumbsup:

nonuffinkbloke and mr_yossarian like this.
  14. incabloc Jan 25, 2017

like abrod said....the dial has no step. So I think someone removed the metal logo, maybe from a new service dial, and glued it on the 80s dial.

btw...seller is from Italy right ?

15. Igora Jan 25, 2017

Serial is correct 2282xx.. on the picture looked like 2202xx..
    For me dial is something that I will change...

16. mr_yossarian Jan 25, 2017

The dial is so obvious "assembled", I would tend to believe that the whole watch might be as well. Given this, even with a correct dial and hands - if you can manage to find and pay - I'd out of general principal not fund the person selling it..and btw, I would always have doubts about the watch, regardless of price a feeling I wouldn't like to have.

17. mr_yossarian Jan 25, 2017

If he sells it for 4k he might knows why. Keep that in mind. My 2 cents.

18. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 25, 2017

Pushers are different too.

19. Igora Jan 25, 2017

I think that it is angle in that one picture! On other pictures they look same!

20. abrod520 Jan 25, 2017

The pushers are OK, they're replacements from Omega but they are the proper ones