Forums Latest Members
  1. nxl7930 Aug 18, 2016

Hi everyone,
    I've been looking for a 3520.50 speedmaster triple date recently. This one came up on a search on chrono24. I'm not an expert, but from other images I've seen, it looks real to me. But the seller has no feedback, no box/papers, etc. I'm a little bit on the fence with the lack of feedback.
    Omega Speedmaster Day Date Month Automatic Chronograph Watch
    sshot-69.png

I'm going to message to ask about details and if it's in working order tomorrow. Any advice? has anyone out there dealt with this dealer before? Following this same posting over to ebayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network I can see that there is lots of feedback, but it still makes me nervous...

Thanks for any advice you all can provide.

2. WatchVaultNYC Aug 18, 2016

Looks to be in good shape. Make sure you ask about the condition of the AR coating, and if the day adjuster works properly.

3. nxl7930 Aug 18, 2016

Thanks for the tips @WatchVaultNYC . I just wrote back, we'll see what he/she says. I've seen a few these watches that you've sold in the past, too. I really appreciate your advice.

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  4. nxl7930 Aug 19, 2016

OK, after some consideration I bought it!

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  5. chows99 Aug 19, 2016

Good move! Share with us once you got the watch and may you wear it in good health!

6. nxl7930 Aug 20, 2016

I've been browsing this forum to see what folks like for straps. I don't like how the bracelet rubs my desk and tends to scratch things up. So far I am considering this B&S Leather Nato. Am I correct that the 3520.50 has 18mm lugs?
    [​IMG]
    Also found a two-piece version of the same leather:
    [​IMG]

7. nxl7930 Aug 24, 2016

Watch arrived today. Overall it's in fantastic shape! Both the case and the bracelet are in fantastic condition. Hands, Dial, and bright and white, no fading. The glow material is also in good shape. Went to an Omega dealer for a once over and they agreed. Everything checks out and is authentic.

One negative was that I both wrote and called LaJolla Jewelry and Consignment (who sold the watch) directly about the shape of the crystal, among other things. They said it was "mint" and "perfect" with no signs of wear on the AR coating. Well, it does have obvious wear on the anti-reflective film. You can see it at an angle easily. True the crystal is totally scratch free. It's not such a big deal to me, but what harm would it have caused to be honest?

From the serial number we determined that it was made in 1998, and looked like it hadn't been serviced for a very long time. So since it's just starting life with me, I decided to have some maintenance done. So no pictures for now...

@chows99, how is your search going?

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 24, 2016

Nice pick up. Question is this considered a mk40?

9. nxl7930 Aug 24, 2016

Yes indeed, according to everything that I have been able to read.

10. Artifice Aug 24, 2016

Very nice! I am also considering about getting a Speedmaster but it is still way off my budget so I might start with a Seamaster first.

Post pictures with the leather strap once you get it back from service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. WatchVaultNYC Aug 24, 2016

Mark 40 and alternatively, "Cosmos".. and I have no idea where the those nicknames came from.

Told ya! 25 year old watches, a lot of the time the topside AR does not survive. The Mark 40s all seem to have topside AR coating, when watches that came before and shortly after 3521.xx, 3523.xx didn't seem to have them..

12. nxl7930 Nov 30, 2016

20161129_235959 3520_50.jpg Watch is back from service! It's really nice how they send the replaced parts back. Anyway, it looks like a bunch of seals were done, new crown and pushers, and the crystal was replaced. I also swapped out the bracelet for a leather band. It looked great before but looks even better now. Thanks to the members on the forum who gave great advice while I was searching, especially @WatchVaultNYC .

WYO_Watch, Jwit and shoota70 like this.
  13. delmarco Nov 15, 2017

Curious where did you get your Omega serviced?

I have the same 3250 watch and used to have an inside guy at my local Omega Store in NYC but he is no longer there and I'm leery about the $700+ and 3 month service turn around.