Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonnyx10 Apr 8, 2018

Hi all,

I have long wanted a Omega Seamaster 300, and went to get a price at my local jewellers yesterday. I managed to get around 20% off the watch, however I have seen the new updated version coming out this year?

Unsure whether to purchase the current SM or wait till later in the year for the updated version... saying this, the updated SM300 I would imagine would cost quite a tad more?

Thanks
    J

2. Meme-Dweller Apr 8, 2018

That is a personal decision and something you should decide on your own after seeing both watches in person. Financially, it would work to your advantage if you want the wave-less Seamaster Professional later on as you would likely be able to negotiate a discount greater than 20% off when the dealer tries to offload the discontinued stock. If you want the new one, prices are going to stay at or around MSRP for a year until demand is met.

I've handled the current SMP and the only thing keeping me from owning one is the clunky bracelet. Seeing as how they supposedly refined the new one, I might add that one to my collection.

3. Jonnyx10 Apr 8, 2018

I spoke to my local Goldsmiths today and they anticipate the newer version is to cost slightly more (not confirmed but likely) with next to no discount for quite some time - as you said.

I think on that basis, concidering I can get a healthy discount on the current Seamaster, it outweighs having to wait a few months and spend more.

Never owned an Omega before, looking forward to having the iconic watch!

4. Preacherman Apr 13, 2018

I love the look of the bezel on the 300, and almost bought one, but I wanted an in-house movement, which the new ones have, and I like the wave pattern. But once I saw the Planet Ocean on my wrist I was sold. But to me the only real reason to wait for the new one is the movement and aesthetics IMHO.

5. htiek Apr 13, 2018

I really like the old ceramic version, and the new 2018 models are truly stunning. I would wait till your local AD or jeweller has them so you can see both in person and compare them, if you haven't tried on the 2018 one