Forums Latest Members
  1. iAmCyrus Jul 7, 2014

Hi

I have a vintage dynamic as shown in the pics (sorry taken with a smartphone and show the hole in the back of my nail from a slight drill mishap!)

I have had this watch for about 16 years but around 2 years ago my dear old dad had it looked at for me as the day/date was not working properly. It came back with a note telling me they had to repair the dial as it was flaking due to water ingress. You can see the repair between 11 and 12 on the dial, basically they cleaned it and painted over the flaking part but now I am missing some of my lovely markers. Can anyone recommend someone that can repaint/ repair this dial to a better standard and if not anywhere that might have this same dial second hand or NOS?

[​IMG]

Also, recently the retaining catch on the bracelet gave way (it is a 1153/138 bracelet) Is it possible to get hold of just this bit of the bracelet? (the catch/ lip that snapped off is just above my dirty thumb in the pic below!) If it is available could someone point me in the direction of a supplier please?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help
    Cy

2. iAmCyrus Jul 7, 2014

I just wanted to say that I am not a collector or watch expert so please excuse any perceived watch ignorance. I just love my old omega and want to get it back to some of its former glory.

I have never seen one with the same dial as mine in person and was absolutely gutted when it came back like this

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2014

Ofrei has them listed as no longer available, but they're probably around, its the Calibre 752 version (thats the movement).

iAmCyrus likes this.
  4. iAmCyrus Jul 7, 2014

Thanks dsio, am I correct in calling this a formula 1 dial when searching online for a replacement?

5. Habitant Jul 7, 2014

I think they call it a Rallye dial, at least until someone corrects me!

6. iAmCyrus Jul 7, 2014

thanks habitant. are there any online sellers for dials other than ofrei

7. larryganz The cable guy Jul 7, 2014

If you send it to Omega they will restore it, but you might spend $1.5-$2K getting everything done.

8. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jul 8, 2014

The dials come up on ebay but the ones on offer at the moment are in terrible condition.

9. iAmCyrus Jul 8, 2014

Thanks for all of the input so far everyone. I was just wondering if anyone had a source for the clasp part perhaps as at least then I can wear it whilst I track down a dial.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 8, 2014

If anyone has the case reference, I'll do some digging to see if they are still available...

11. iAmCyrus Jul 8, 2014

Hi Archer, would the case reference be stamped anywhere visible on the watch?

I know the bracelet is a 1153/138

Thanks for your help
    Cy

12. iAmCyrus Jul 8, 2014

That is slightly outside my desired budget at the moment, all of our cash is being ploughed into a canal boat and a camper van restoration!

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 8, 2014

It will be on the inside of the case...I'll see what I can find, but the case references I know of are all for the 600 series manual winding, and 552, and 565 autos. I have not seen one for a 752 in my shop yet.

Cheers, Al

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 8, 2014

It should be 166.079

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 8, 2014

Thanks Ash - always easier to search through hundreds of options when I have a case reference. The closest dial I see to the one posted is this one:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the notation for this is "Return dial to be restored" so it's no longer available. The part number might help your search though, so it's 064TP1460016.

There is one still available of that same design, but different colours, done in a silver scheme:

[​IMG]

Not the same but might be an option as a last resort.

Cheers, Al

16. iAmCyrus Jul 8, 2014

Hi Al

The top one looks the same to me, although I quite like that second dial. Do you have any idea of what the cost might be to purchase it?

Cheers
    Cy

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 8, 2014

PM sent