Forums Latest Members
  1. joe1845 Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while now, this is my first post. Saw thisPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network Geneve on Ebay today and initially thought 'too good to be true, must be fake'...however, I've seen other guys on here get lucky with NOS watches, so thought I would seek a second opinion. The serial number dates it to 1971, which is about right, and the 1481 movement is correct also. The '166099' number on the inside caseback also seems correct. I'm not sure about the bracelet- I've seen similar examples of this watch with ‘1186/215’ on the bracelet instead of '366.822'. The only reference to this number I can find on the vintage Omega database is for a gold-plated version of the watch.

As for the dial, I can't tell if its original or not. Also, can anyone comment on the back of the case? I can see circular markings like its been abraded. Evidence of a polish job? Or am I being overly-paranoid? If there's one thing I've learned from this forum so far, its that there's plenty of molested Omegas out there!

Thanks in advance,

J.

2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 5, 2016

A picture is worth a thousand words. A few pictures...::popcorn::
    Never mind, I just saw the link.

3. westmtn Dec 5, 2016

The dial looks fine to me but there's definitely some wear on the caseback and rotor.

4. Uniqez Dec 5, 2016

Case back is over polished.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 6, 2016

Described as, in part:

The watch is new, unworn, issue of residual official store omega kept for over 40 years.
    True unobtainable NOS !!!

So the polishing of the caseback is simply the result of removing "handling marks" from this lovely NOS that's been sitting around unworn for 40 years?

And the gouge near one of the notches on the caseback?

And the uneven polishing of the sides of the case?

:rolleyes:

Uniqez likes this.
  6. Uniqez Dec 6, 2016

Poor owner decided to remove handling marks and wipe out the case.Hovewer, he liked procedure of wiping so much, so he ended up polishing it to the mirror conditions)))))

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

7. joe1845 Dec 6, 2016

Well that confirms my suspicions... I hadn't even spotted the wear on the rotor. Many thanks to you all for your comments!