Forums Latest Members
  1. HJO Jan 1, 2017

Happy new year to all!

I'm from Brazil and it's my first thread despite I'm following Omega forums for quite a long... From now on I pretend to be more active here.

I'm starting to focus my collection on Omegas of the 40's. I need help with an Omega Chronometre (2367, 35,5mm) and I would like to ask if someone can please help me with this one.

What do you guys think about it?
    I can buy it locally for around USD 3000.

Dial looks original and everything else seems great. My doubt is about the condition of the dial and the price...

thanks in advance.

Olivier
    View attachment 325283 View attachment 325284 View attachment 325285 View attachment 325286 View attachment 325287 View attachment 325288

Omega Chronometre 1.jpg Omega Chronometre 2.jpg Omega Chronometre 3.jpg Omega Chronometre 4.jpg Omega Chronometre 5.jpg Omega Chronometre 6.jpg
    voere likes this.
  2. mac_omega Jan 1, 2017

movement looks good but the dial has quite some serious damage.

HJO and Deafboy like this.
  3. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 1, 2017

There was a post about this watch last week, as Erich said, nice movement and probably once a nice dial but it's (for me) too far gone.

HJO likes this.
  4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 1, 2017

On the fence since price to me is reasonable even with dial damage.

voere and HJO like this.
  5. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 2, 2017

There are some people who can do outstanding dialwork nowadays so maybe at that price (which I missed) it's not a total bust, and it's the larger case

HJO likes this.
  6. HJO Jan 2, 2017

Thanks for the opinions. I will pass unless I get a substantial reduction on the asking price. The dial is striking too much attention and condition is very important...

gatorcpa likes this.
  7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 2, 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know anything about Omega watches, but I noticed that those are so hard to find that apparently savvy collectors are apparently ready to buy them redialed.
    So for sure an original dial, even with a few blemishes, should be desirable?
    I don't'find it that bad. The sides of the dial are a bit damaged but most of it looks fine to me.
    The question then is more what is the right price... and how much do you really want one of those.

HJO likes this.
  8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 2, 2017

If you were to buy it, I would not do anything to the dial. Refinishing the dial would cut the value in half in my opinion.

jumpingsecond, voere and Syrte like this.
  9. HJO Jan 2, 2017

Exactly what I was initially thinking. But the dial damage seems for the experts worst than I thought...

10. ConElPueblo Jan 3, 2017

11. 30t2fellow Jan 15, 2017

Well, it is definitely an original dial, the logo has the 1940s flat A where the center line on the E, G, and A line up. There are no re-dialers who are matching that font to my knowledge. The movement is looking very nice, and the case is clean too. A redial so will certainly look nicer to the eye, but for me the originality is part of the appeal. Older collector cars with heavy paint damage are of more value that a minty repainted car. The dial is NOT the deal breaker for me, it is the "mileage" on the motor. That movement looks sharp to me with no signs of moisture.