Advice on Constellation C-Case in gold-cap

Hello there,

I'm about to graduate with my master's degree soon, and I'm considering treating myself to my first luxury watch. I have a particular fondness for the Constellation ref 168017 models. I found a seller offering a fairly good deal, and to my untrained eye, everything seems fine. However, this wouldn't be the first time I've been scammed. The seller does not have any of the original papers or the box, which makes me extra suspicious.

Is anyone able to help verify if this is a genuine? Thank you for your help!

Hi, congrats on your graduation. At a first look it looks genuine but if you'd like a better assessment on the originality and condition of the watch, and as most do, whether it's worth it, please provide higher + close-up resolution pictures along with the price. Cheers!

Like 2
First, it’s very rare to have box and papers for a watch that’s 60 years old, so that’s not something to worry about.

Second, until you’re an expert, don’t buy something with photos this bad. What you receive will almost definitely be worse than what you expect.

Third, if you’re worried about getting ‘scammed’, buy from somewhere with trusted sellers (such as here on the forum) or with a buyer guarantee of sorts (eBay is usually good for buyers).

Lastly, don’t rush. Find yourself something nice, not something that seems cheap and came along right away.

Like 5
You might prefer stainless steel over a gold plated watch that will not age well. Gold capped (if available for this ref) or solid gold are other alternatives.

As touched on above, there is a real difference from being “scammed” and not being knowledgeable enough to make a good purchase. You’ll learn a lot from being here on the forum.

Congrats on your masters degree :thumbsup: Maybe you should get a speedmaster or Seamaster instead ;)

Like 1
Congrats on your masters degree :thumbsup: Maybe you should get a speedmaster or Seamaster instead ;)
If anyone from Omega marketing is reading this forum -- great opportunity for another limited production watch: the DegreeMaster.

Like 5
Welcome Gregor, and congratulations - but I admit I'm a bit anxious about what avatar is going to accompany your username...

Like 1
Is this alienation corner or something?
NO, that's down the street from my house

Like 1
OK, time-out - now @Winston_Smith has "liked" my jocular little message to @GregorSamsa I am starting to get just a little spooked here! :eek: Is this alienation corner or something?

You cannot guess how happy I was to see another novel protagonist as a nickname here. Had to remind myself my promise of restraining from dad jokes when I was about to tell Samsa that when you buy a watch with haste, it's very likely that you wake up to find it turned into a cockroach ::bleh::

Like 1
OK, time-out - now @Winston_Smith has "liked" my jocular little message to @GregorSamsa I am starting to get just a little spooked here! :eek: Is this alienation corner or something?
At least he didn't throw apples at you!

You cannot guess how happy I was to see another novel protagonist as a nickname here. Had to remind myself my promise of restraining from dad jokes when I was about to tell Samsa that when you buy a watch with haste, it's very likely that you wake up to find it turned into a cockroach ::bleh::
You aren’t the first Orwellian Smith we’ve had here, at least I hope you aren’t as the last was banned.

You aren’t the first Orwellian Smith we’ve had here, at least I hope you aren’t as the last was banned.

So far I don't think I did anything to offend the Big Brother(s) ::psy::

Like 1
Edited title to make it more descriptive for future search