Advice on buying an Omega Constellation 1961

Hi All, I'm very new to the vintage watch world, so I was hoping to get a bit of advice on a specific Omega Constellation that I have found:

Brand Omega
Model Constellation
Reference 14381-61SC/1803****
Metal Stainless Steel
Movement Automatic Calibre 551
Circa 1961
Box and Papers None
Band Tan leather strap
Clasp Stainless Steel Buckle
Case 34 mm ex. crown
Dial Gloss black dial with gilt hour markers
Bezel Polished stainless steel
Glass Plexi glass
Water Resistant Dust proof
Condition Very Good
Price: $2950 AUD ($2125 US)

Does this look like a good buy? It would be to wear, not to resell or anything, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

Thanks!

Case is very polished, crown is a later replacement, aged black dial is, well an aged black dial. Would need much better photos of the dial to say much more.

Price about 2x too high.

Case is very polished, crown is a later replacement, aged black dial is, well an aged black dial. Would need much better photos of the dial to say much more.

Price about 2x too high.

Thanks for your response! I though the crown might be a replacement, but I could probably live with that. There aren't any better photos of the dial up, sorry. Would you guess it's original? I was thinking I could talk them down in price, but probably not to half.

Base on the provided photos I would "guess" that it is original.

The poor light makes it very difficult to get a good look at the dial. If you could get some photos taken in natural light, we could probably give you better feedback. But when the asking price is so astronomical, it's often pointless to attempt to negotiate.

The poor light makes it very difficult to get a good look at the dial. If you could get some photos taken in natural light, we could probably give you better feedback. But when the asking price is so astronomical, it's often pointless to attempt to negotiate.

Thanks for your response! I know this is a very open ended question, but what should I be looking for in that price range? Eg. better quality constellation, gold case, better/rare model or type?

Thanks for your response! I know this is a very open ended question, but what should I be looking for in that price range? Eg. better quality constellation, gold case, better/rare model or type?

A MUCH better conditioned example to start. Then, all the correct parts.

But you are asking a cadre of watch collectors and not the general public.

Survey all Constellations sold in the OF sale section for the past year or so to get a hint on condition to price variance.

Welcome
Edited: