Forums Latest Members
  1. Don Sidhu Feb 24, 2019

Hi, can anyone please help me assess the approximate value of this Omega Seamaster 300 reference 166.024? My watchmaker received the watch and it offering it up to me, but did tell me to make an offer. Any idea what would be a fair offer? I don't have the serial number or anything else, except these two pictures I took. Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cristos71 Feb 25, 2019

Your watchmaker is asking you to make an offer without even opening it up and taking pictures of the movement, case back and inside case back?

What kind of relationship do you have with your watchmaker and what did he say about the lume job, especially the hands?

Mark020 and connieseamaster like this.
  3. Don Sidhu Feb 25, 2019

Yeah I should have asked him to open up the caseback. I didn't want to seem to eager about the watch. My plan was to get a ballpark idea on what its worth (assuming the movement and caseback were correct) and then make him an offer (so long as everything was correct).

He didn't mention anything about the lume on the hands. It seems original to me, but of course I could be wrong. Thanks

4. kmacrae001 Feb 25, 2019

It's "worth", totally depends on what's inside. Well... that an oversimplification as the condition of the dial, hands, crown, etc. all are factors.

5. OWa Feb 25, 2019

Try to get better pictures. The dial appears repainted to me since the lume dots are pretty uneven. The hands are imho repainted too. Original hands have a sharper luminous area.

Original ones:
    536F2E5A-1338-4AB7-A461-1DE3A348F6AE.jpeg

OPs watch:
    1EB3DD5D-639D-4341-9244-358E380EF5E0.jpeg

6. Don Sidhu Mar 2, 2019

Hi All, I was able to see the watch again. My watchmaker changed the insert to one that has more wear. So here's what the watch looks like now. Help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OWa Mar 3, 2019

Dial and hands still look repainted to me. Did you ask your watchmaker about that? Which bezel has been originally on this watch? Do you have any pictures from the caseback (inside and outside)? Do you have the serial number of this watch? @uwsearch might be able to give you an evaluation.