Forums Latest Members
  1. Ashesh Mar 7, 2017

Hey guys can you help me out here as well.

I saw this vintage Seamaster on eBay auction yesterday which got sold for around £505.

The watch looks really nice, no scratches. Is this a legit Seamaster or just some high copy?

omega-31-36-01.jpg omega-31-36-02.jpg omega-31-36-03.jpg omega-31-36-04.jpg omega-31-36-05.jpg omega-31-36-07.jpg omega-31-36-08.jpg omega-31-36-09.jpg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 7, 2017

Why two threads and a post in a thread which specifically states "not for questions", on the same watch?

Edited Mar 7, 2017
  3. j.allen Mar 7, 2017

I'm sure he afterwards found the correct thread. It's very handsome and is a genuine Omega, but there are no movement pictures. I don't see any obvious imperfections, but it's been repainted. Black dials don't age this well. Maybe someone who knows what the Seamaster signature looks like can point something out.

4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Mar 7, 2017

A good first test is to establish if the printed markers are equidistant from the applied markers. In this case no, so one needs go no further. Not too bad a job on the refinishing of the dial, although the case has been over-polished in my opinion.

Cheers

Desmond

5. j.allen Mar 8, 2017

The outer curve of the crystal often makes this difficult do gauge the distance between markers as it can appear distorted. I actually love the look of this watch. I don't know this particular model, but the hands and crown also appear to be original. It's nice when they include a dial picture outside of the case with a macro image, but many people don't know how or would rather not do this, and this is understandable.

6. WatchmakerTheory Mar 8, 2017

I agree, but I still don't think this watch has not had any work on the dial. If it didn't, I expect that the seller would be asking for much more.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 8, 2017

Agree. There are tons of examples of these Korean watches. The consensus is that they are redials. Very good redials but redials nonetheless.

8. WatchWarlock Mar 8, 2017

Nice redial, but the first S and the M in Seamaster stand out as slightly off.