Forums Latest Members

Advice needed on Omega Box and strap buckle for Baby PloProf

1. Dogmann Jul 9, 2014

Hi all,

I recently bought an original Baby PloProf and am now looking to add a Omega box but really have no idea what i should be looking at for a very late 70's or early 80's box if anyone can guide me as to what i should be looking for it would be greatly appreciated.

I am also looking to add an Omega buckle for the same watch in a 20mm buckle and again don't really have any idea which style this buckle should be so again looking for any guidance.

Thanks in advance for any advice or pictures that can be given.

Marc

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

No idea box wise, in terms of buckle what type of strap is it on? Most baby Ploprof's I've seen are either on Omega OEM Mesh bracelet or on Isofrane straps

3. Dogmann Jul 10, 2014

Hi dsio,

I have it on the original Omega Iso at the moment which has an Omega buckle and keepers but that buckle is only suitable for that strap due to its size and the shape of the tongue, I can't decide between a couple of bracelets or a mesh as a second strap but there are other straps that i may wear it on and would like to get an Omega buckle and whilst i like the ones with the raised Omega symbol am not sure if i should be looking at one of those or a more modern one. But as i am looking for a 20mm buckle i think my options may be limited by this anyway.

Marc

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2014

Yea 20mm buckles that are Omega signed aren't common, most larger strap watches like the Planet Ocean use an Omega deployant clasp, which is an option worth looking at.

Other than that, I'd check out the mesh, its excellent and super comfy

5. pascs Jul 10, 2014

Cousinsuk do this style of Omega 20mm buckle for £16, which seems a pretty reasonable price

[​IMG]

You could try an 1162 bracelet as an alternative to the mesh. Its designed for the MkII Speedmaster but I've seen these on the baby ploprof as its also 20mm and gives a more 'vintage look'

6. Wolf9827 Jul 10, 2014

Below you´ll find the box that came with mine in 1984.
    My SM 120 came with a Speedmaster bracelet.
    DSCN1944.JPG DSCN1945.JPG s_MLB_v_O_f_175900783_8745.jpg

Hope this helps.

Regards.

7. Dogmann Jul 10, 2014

Hi Wolf9827,

Many thanks for that at least now i know what i should start hunting for and what it looks like that really has been a great help.

dsio

Yeah mesh is most probably what i will go for in the end as not a great fan of deployments for this style of watch or the bracelets either.

pascs

Thanks for the tip to go to Cousins as that is a good solution and price for a buckle, I have been looking at the bracelets but they need to be 22m @ the lugs for the Baby PloProf and are mainly 1162/172 but not really sure i like it which is why i will most probably go Mesh which i think looks much better anyway.

Just want to say thanks to all for the advice and knowledge shared here it is appreciated.

Marc

8. pascs Jul 10, 2014

I think you cant fail with the Omega mesh :thumbsup: