Advice needed on how to deal with the rotating bezel of an Omega diver tuning fork

Hello,

I am a newcomer, and very happy to have discovered this forum. I am looking for advice on how to remove the rotating bezel of a vintage tuning fork Omega f300, diver two-piece case construction, ref. 198.0005.

I am not a watchmaker, just a vintage watch enthusiast, and have already asked the experienced watchmakers I know in Montreal. They all shake heads in doubts and hesitations, murmuring about potential risks of breaking this or that. I have as well researched online, but with no definitive results.

Looking at the piece, I see 3 little holes around the perimeter of the lower ring. If I understand correctly from the online info, they have something to do with small ball bearings below the rotating bezel. I am wondering if these holes participate in any way in the removal of the bezel.

I will very much appreciate your help, and I warmly thank you in advance!

Why are you wanting to remove the bezel?

Why are you wanting to remove the bezel?
I intend to try to polish the crystal first, and if it does not work, I will change it with a new one

It's a mineral glass crystal, it cannot be polished, don't even bother trying.

Thank you for replying! The thing is that I have already been successful in polishing a badly scratched mineral crystal – on an Enicar Sherpa 320. All by hand! It came out quite acceptable, at least for the naked eye. Took infinite amounts of elbow grease, sanding paper, cerium oxide, and time. (But I don’t count the time, it’s a hobby.)
I have even sourced out the correct replacement crystal for this Omega. But all the local watchmakers I consulted are uncertain whether they might be able to re-use the gasket. They talk of gluing the new crystal, which I definitely would not like. That’s why I am so intent on trying first to polish the old crystal as it is mounted on the case. But then again, it takes removing the bezel….