Forums Latest Members
  1. Kenc May 8, 2016

Dear experts

Would like to seek your opinions on this 2852 with a half guilloche dial listed on the bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282026514360?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Would this be an original dial? The usual hallmarks (MOY, serif font) seem to check out, but I am a little concerned with the lack of Swiss/Swiss Made at 6 o'clock. Is this usual for the model and period? Certainly the dial variant is very rare.

Appreciate any help/feedback on this.

Many thanks!
    Ken

2. Kenc May 9, 2016

Thanks for the silence and sneaky outbidding folks!

3. OMEGA 1961 May 9, 2016

that's life...must of been good at that price but i think the lettering on the movement is not up to Omega standards.....

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 9, 2016

No big loss - the dial has quite a bit of age on it and I suspect the slightly out of focus photos help hide these imperfections.

5. cristos71 May 9, 2016

Interesting dial variation though, had it been in Europe and in better condition I would have had a go for it. But I do think at $1325 and with the condition issues that it has it is all of its money and then some.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2016

Your comments are without merit and unappreciated. You have many avenues to vet a watch and it is your choice of how to bid. Whining and blaming members here is not appropriate, grow up.

7. Kja May 9, 2016

I Thought About it, but It's just not a very appealing looking patina when it comes down to it.. A rare original dial no doubt. Sometimes they just don't have that "it" factor even when everything is good. That case was sharp though. I wouldn't feel like you missed out..

8. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2016

Hi everyone...

It has a uncommon dial .... and its a 19j 501 chronometer too boot !!! both uncommon and caught my attention early on...

Bet it will be a nice watch for the buyer

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

Waynepjr likes this.
  9. Kenc May 9, 2016

Thank you all for your replies, and sorry for the churlish remark made. I do admit I was feeling more than a little unwelcomed when I saw no responses but over 80 views but as cicindela said its no excuse to blame others.

Really do appreciate your feedback and advice here as a newbie Connie aficionado.

10. Kja May 9, 2016

At least your instincts are right on!

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 9, 2016

Watches with poor photographs like this one can sometimes be had for a bargain. Just not this time.

There will be others. I promise.
    gatorcpa