Forums Latest Members
  1. TnTiger57 Jun 27, 2020

I purchased several Omegas of all types from the late 80s to the early 90s. After my home was burgled, my collection was nearly halved....including my loss of 2 69 Moon examples and an excellent condition Flightmaster. My enthusiasm for collecting pretty much came to a stop and the remaining watches boxed and shelved.
    At Christmas, I read several online articles on vintage Speedmasters, unpacked my last one and gave it a good look. I would like to get some knowledgeable advice and opinions on this watch’s condition and price setting should I want to sell it. The Speedmaster was purchased in 1992 and I don’t have any history on it prior to then. It has had the back case off once (last month) since purchase. The caliber is 321 and the movement # is 2208XXXX making it to be a 105.003-64 by my reckoning. The blue bezel is pretty cool, huh? I’ve read that collectors’ like/dislike for these runs the gamut....what do you think? I’m appreciative of your opinions. 4EB17A16-3DCE-4790-A4C3-0CD6D495F46F.jpeg

2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 27, 2020

Take the back off and give us some pics of the caseback and movement. Should be able to give you much more info with that. Sorry for your loss. I hate thieves
    First impressions for me are the hands are replacements (lume doesn't match), bezel is way to clean for a 55+ year old watch. Others are sure to chime in.

3. Davidt Jun 28, 2020

Bezel looks good to me.

When you shine a light on the dial in the dark do the hands glow brighter and for longer than the dial. They do look likely to be newer.

Do you have a picture of the crown and pushers along with some other angles of the case as well?

4. TnTiger57 Jun 28, 2020

Davidt....a couple more pics...as poor quality as they are....thanks 87B6C611-47AB-40A1-8602-A9CD6308A56F.jpeg 381A24A5-2B25-4EC9-A714-D73FE7543F91.jpeg 6C4D9D88-702F-494A-827D-E41DF21931EE.jpeg

murph and Seaborg like this.
  5. Seaborg Jun 28, 2020

I think I want it ::love::::love::::love::::love::::love::

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 28, 2020

I can't believe there are only three replies in fourteen hours on a vintage speedmaster thread.

machamp6650, Lucasssssss and Badwolf like this.
  7. Davidt Jun 28, 2020

Crown looks original. Are the pushers the same size? It may be the camera angle but they look different sizes.

Overall I think it looks great, the age to the bezel matches the dial and although not perfect, it's nice and attractive. If the hands have been replaced perhaps having them redone to match the overall look might be worth considering. Of course if they are original then they should Ben left as is.

8. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jun 28, 2020

Blue bezel is ::love::, however it’s the dial/hands/lume which is the most important attraction/value aspect of any watch, and what collectors ultimately look for.

In my opinion, one should try and come up to a price by isolating the bezel value from the watch, as there are (to me) two different levels of attraction here.

Dealers/Pseudo-Dealers will claim 'blue bezel, worth $10k' when they offer it to someone ... but I don't beleive there will be any buyers at that price (still, you never know). Top bezels (meaning 'mint', 'like new') alone WERE valued just short of $5k a year or so ago...now $4k. In my humble opionion, that is the ceiling value for the value of the bezel. As to the watch : I would rate it 'fair' on this : https://speedmaster101.com/price-chart-2/ ... with a non-blue bezel...so add a bit for the difference between the nice blue bezel (less the value of the average bezel ... so plus +- 2.5k). Average/Lesser Ed Whites simply arent selling for good money...there is no demand and too much supply. There have been many similar attraction Ed Whites sitting unsold, and dropping, for months at the 'good' level, with bracelets and endlinks (not included in the price), and thus I suggest 'fair'. All in my humble 2c opinion. Maybe someone else has a different one.

9. Davidt Jun 28, 2020

Somehow I completely missed the part where you asked for opinions on value.

I'd agree with the above; it's 'fair' on Speedmaster101 plus $x for the blue bezel.

TnTiger57 and bazamu like this.
  10. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 28, 2020

Awesome bezel and correct serial range for the watch as well. I think that we'll begin to see these blue bezels jammed onto "put together" perfect examples in the coming years, so as part of an upcoming website post, I've compiled all publicly observed examples into a database (will share when it's done). This one checks all the boxes.

TnTiger57 likes this.
  11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 28, 2020

In Rolex world, blueberry bezels double the value of the GMT. Crazy world.....kind regards. Achim