Advice needed for Vintage Mark II with Tritium dial

Hello,

I'm new into Vintages Omegas and I need your advice regarding a Mark II a friend offered me. He is not into watches and bought this watch around 10 years ago just for the looks but never wore it.

I'm curious, is the Tritium dial original? The hands look much whiter, can they still be the original hand set?

https://freeimage.host/i/JaiT9uj

What do you Omega experts think? Please let me know.

Thank you and kind regards,
Patrick

Better to post photos here in the thread, but from that one photo I’d say the lume is original and attractive. Hands could be original as well, but hard to say from the single image. Looks like a nice example but more, good quality photos need to be uploaded.

Like 2
Hi,
please post pics, it is easier for all and links tend to disapear.

The dial looks original Tritium to me, regarding the hands you could test with an UV lamp if you see any difference. A good close up shot would also help. Tritium has an afterglow of only a few seconds exposed to bright light.

Nice watch btw,

kind regards Max

From the one image provided, it looks like the dial is tritium and the hands are luminova replacements.

From the condition of the case and crystal and based on the question over the hands being replaced, I wonder if a decade ago someone sent this to the spa for a refresh?

JaiT9uj.jpg

Post a closeup straight on well focused photo of dial if you wish to have much help. The 1 photo was not good enough. Too far away.

Post a closeup straight on well focused photo of dial if you wish to have much help. The 1 photo was not good enough. Too far away.

I don’t think that’s correct - the image is pretty good (click on it to get the full resolution that the OP uploaded), and I’m more and more certain that it’s an original dial in a watch that’s had service hands, a new crystal and a case refinish…

Like 3
Ah I looked on the computer not just iphone and blew it up- agree. Nice watch hope it works out

Black light would confirm superluminova if service hands

That looks like a really well preserved Speedmaster MKII from the one photo.

Thank you, guys.

The hands glow in the dark. My friend sent me a photo.

I am a bit unsure. I really like the Tritium dial but the color of the hands?

I could let relume them to match the dial. What do you think about that?
Edited:

I am a bit unsure. I really like the Tritium dial but the color of the hands?

I could let relume them to match the dial. What do you think about that?
Not worth the effort, imo.

Like 2