Forums Latest Members
  1. Cursair Jul 6, 2020

Dear fellow watch enthusiasts,

after falling in love and reading for hours and hours about Speedmasters I have stumbled upon an example of a 145.022-78 at a trusted watchmaker which I consider buying in celebration of finishing my bachelor studies. Since I am still having quite some trouble at valuing the watch considering its condition/originality etc. I wanted to ask for help from more experienced forum members. The watch can be seen in the pictures below and was offered to me for 3900€ (freshly serviced, with original 1171 bracelet). A thing that keeps me wondering is how the indices as well as the hands seem to be in very mint condition whereas most other watches with Tritium as luminious mass I have seen seem to get a much more "brownish" look. Is this a clear indicator that both dial and hands have been changed or is it actually possible that the watch kept this condition in 42 years?
    Also do you think that the lugs have been polished?

I am looking forward to becoming an active member of this forum and hearing your opinions on this specific watch.
    Best regards,
    Cursair
    Speedy.jpeg Speedy_back.jpeg Speedy4.jpeg Speedy7.jpeg

2. Max-pulses Jul 7, 2020

Hello ! Welcome on board !
    It seems to me that the lume has been washed out of the indices. Same with the hands : seem like luminova !

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 7, 2020

Not all tritium dials age the same. Here's a '69 I used to own.
    2014-08-17 14.23.19.jpg