Advice for a Seamaster 2846-3

Hi all. I was offered this Seamaster 2846-3, cal 501, with a gold plated (or filled?) case. Serial number in the 146xxxxx range, dating it in '54. I'm not familiar with this range of Seamasters, but my gut kind of tells me to let it go. I'll take your opinions though, as maybe I'm wrong and I'd like to add a beefy lugs in my collection.

The crown and plexi are not Omega. Case looks a bit polished, but I'm not entirely sure. Back case has "Seamaster" and "Waterproof" texts barely visible. Dial looks generally good except a few spots around the Omega logo that may or may not be dust. Rotor can be heard rubbing and it's done so for a while, as there's discoloration on the plate.

Asking price is €500. Is it worth even discussing a discount? Photos below are mine.

Edited:

Mmh. Movement looks ok, case is polished but the gold-cap seems intact, dial has some residue on it, it seems, but it's not too bad... I kinda feel like the price reflects the condition. The correct style clover crown can be found on eBay pretty easily. If that's the watch you're after, you might struggle to find a cheaper example in the same condition.

Everything about it seems "ok" to me, and please imagine me saying "ok" with a slight shrug.

Dial is missing most (all) of its lume and the hands seem a tad short. Looks like a service dial, T SWISS MADE T dial on a 1954...?

Dial is missing most (all) of its lume and the hands seem a tad short. Looks like a service dial, T SWISS MADE T dial on a 1954...?

Thank you - that thing left me so underwhelmed I didnt even notice 😁

Everything about it seems "ok" to me, and please imagine me saying "ok" with a slight shrug.

I can imagine the shrug and I'm not liking it.

It's such comments that make me aware how much a noob I am. Sharp eye! Tritium is supposed to appear on dials after 1960, right?

Case closed. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Tritium is supposed to appear on dials after 1960, right?
For Omega it was 1964.

I think the price of €500 is about €200 too high, assuming that this is a service dial. Even so, I would only buy this subject to a watchmaker inspection, as the dial foot location is different between a cal. 501 (discontinued in 1959) and a cal. 55X (which would have been current in 1964).

In order for a newer dial to be fitted to the older case, the dial feet would have needed to be removed. Not good.
gatorcpa

@gatorcpa good information, thank you. Honestly I wouldn't buy it even for half the asking price knowing it's a service dial. I'm done collecting junk.