Advantages of Tritium vs Radium in Lume paint (for non-scientists)

This post was the absolute first post I've open in this forum and I'm ABSOLUTELY blown away by the knowledge level of the respondents. In short, you guys rock! I'm not sure if this helps but I've always heard that tritium lume is brighter but doesn't last as long. I have a late-70's Seiko Turtle that has absolutely no lume left anywhere on the dial. It would be great to know if additional or replacement lume could be added after the fact.

This post was the absolute first post I've open in this forum and I'm ABSOLUTELY blown away by the knowledge level of the respondents. In short, you guys rock! I'm not sure if this helps but I've always heard that tritium lume is brighter but doesn't last as long. I have a late-70's Seiko Turtle that has absolutely no lume left anywhere on the dial. It would be great to know if additional or replacement lume could be added after the fact.

The short answer is yes, there are some people who can relume using old lume that contains tritium but it is expensive. There are also people who can relume to color match but use newer luminova material.

Here is another thread that discusses this a little. You might find it helpful:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/repairing-tritium-hands-when-the-lume-has-fallen-out.152346/