Forums Latest Members
  1. acb5456 Mar 13, 2020

Hi guys,

I have a Seamaster 300m with the adjustable clasp part #117STZ004666.

My clasp has for whatever reason had a screw fall out. I've attached a photo that points to the screw. It's not a regular bracelet link screw, it must be slightly longer because when I try and screw in a bracelet link screw, it's too short and doesn't catch or screw in the spot in any way.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screw??

71lNyW3vPML__SL1500_.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 13, 2020

An Omega Boutique?

ScubaRawb likes this.
  3. Zedhawk Mar 14, 2020

Hopefully an OB can get that screw by itself and not make you buy a whole new clasp by saying it only comes with the clasp and can't be bought by itself.

Turpinr likes this.
  4. BradleyJ. Mar 14, 2020

I lost a lug nut once and the dealer made me buy a whole new car :whistling:

Spruce likes this.
  5. OmegaFan503 Mar 17, 2020

Same thing happened to me. I don't have an OB near by but I was able to get one replaced at an AD for free.

6. gixxer47 Mar 17, 2020

unfortunately, i've seen this happen a few times. take it to an OB and they will provide you with a new screw (most likely not charge you too) and secure all 4 screws with a little loctite

7. Vito Mar 16, 2022

Unfortunately I have the same issue.

Brand new watch, after 2 months I lost 2 screws. I asked in a store and they told me it would take 8 weeks to fix it!

Can you suggest any OB in London where I could go and be reasonably sure the will fix it on the spot?

IMG-20220317-WA0000.jpg IMG-20220317-WA0001.jpg
    Edited Mar 17, 2022
  8. LC23 Apr 9, 2022

Try the Oxford St boutique. They have always been very good at helping me out.

9. o.m.e.g.a Apr 24, 2022

PO 39.5 still under warranty.

Lost two screws in one month period. These were the screws that are next to the pushers. Pushers require those screws to work correctly. My local Omega Service Center denied my request to fix. They claim that bracelet is not covered by warranty ("only movement"). Raising a dispute with Omega HQ.

I'm very disappointed with quality of the clasp. I'm not sure if this is a design or workmanship issue.
    Actually the whole bracelet is a disappointment for me. Inner edges of all links and clasp are far too sharp.

Edited Apr 24, 2022
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 24, 2022

What service center is this? That's not how Omega's warranty works...

11. o.m.e.g.a Apr 24, 2022

@Archer That was official OSC in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

12. mbp Apr 24, 2022

Wow, that is absurd.

13. Longbow Apr 24, 2022

While reviewing the new Planet Ocean DeepSea at an Omega Boutique I picked up on the new screwless clasp design and got into discussion about the design changes and it appears, as this thread seems to confirm that there have been a significant number of failures of the screwed clasp type. I won’t say how many that boutique had seen but the number was surprisingly high. Surprising to me because my 300M Diver has this clasp as well as several Speedmasters, none of which have had this issue.

So I wonder if this is related to a threadlock process problem during clasp manufacture; either completely missing adhesive, the wrong quantity or even the wrong adhesive chemistry coupled to the way the watches are being used, I.e. as intended: being subjected to water (cold/salty, warm/fresh water) causing repeated contraction/expansion of the threadlocked joint.

I think this is a design that is at the mercy of manufacturing/assembly process variations, so if all is done right lost screws shouldn’t be an issue, but any process step deviation could result in exactly what we see here and ought to be covered by the Omega warranty.

John Sheridan likes this.