Forums Latest Members

Acrylic Crystals on Seamasters or other divers

1. dlg Nov 16, 2016

Falling in love with the clarity and beauty of the hesalite crystal on my Speedmaster, I'm curious whats the last Seamaster made with an acrylic crystal, or another dive watch in the same market? I was drooling over those Rolex 5513's, but they are way out of my price range.

2. meganfox17 Nov 16, 2016

Hi @dlg

Looking for an affordable warm Vintage looking Domed Acrylic Crystal Kick Ass Scratch Magnet Divers huh ?
    Alright Sir , l I will show you a couple of photos but The Top of the Pick for me is the Steinhart OVM1 Maxi Dial LE 2016 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]This one's Russian[​IMG]

dlg likes this.
  3. dlg Nov 16, 2016

Nice, nice... but how about the Seamasters?! I think the Seamaster 200 has acrylic crystal.

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Nov 16, 2016

Vostok Diver Dude with acrylic crystal. Not vintage but an automatic movement, waterproof diver for under $100 modded. Instant fun from Russia.
    2016-11-10 001.JPG

Jwit likes this.
  5. meganfox17 Nov 16, 2016

I'm more of a Seiko Tuna girl actually & not really into this Omega's Vintage SMP 200 thinghy but you better do a thorough research

There are some rare nice quartz models being offered & they have either acrylic or mineral glass with heavy scratches on the crystal surface. Heck ! There's even one with a rare acrylic bezel too...
    How big are those small vintage divers anyway ? Personally, I just dont get it when someOne wears a vintage divers anything less than 39 mm. Maybe it's just me because I'm very tuned in to XXL divers.
    Sorry, I guess I'm not much of a help but the experts will be here soon....
    Take Care Sir[emoji136]

6. Uniqez Nov 16, 2016

Well, if you are drooling over 5513s , steinhart is definitely way to go!I have almost purchased one, but I've promised to myself that I am not buying anything and saving founds for Sub...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dlg likes this.