Forums Latest Members

Accurist Super Waterproof 300 - Bracelet selection help

1. Omegafanman May 8, 2020

Hi, I rescued an old and all original Accurist Super Waterproof 300.
    I had the bracelet sized for me but the clasp is shot and it is not great quality.
    I am a bit OCD when it comes to bracelets and straps - I don't tend to change them up / I usually stick with the manufacturers original. JB Champion is an exception for the Speedy.

I am based in the UK / I don't want to spend the earth - but I would like to give this some more wrist time.
    Any recommendations for something similar / easy to size (it would be hard to fit links back in the original bracelet - bit of a distructive process)

Thanks for any help and suggestions (19mm lugs) and a 39mm case

01 - Copy.jpg 02 - Copy.jpg 03 - Copy.jpg
  2. SkunkPrince May 8, 2020

Perhaps a vintage 19mm black rubber Tropic or an Isophrane?

wagudc, ConElPueblo and Omegafanman like this.
  3. Omegafanman May 9, 2020

Possible although I don't plan any underwater trips with this one. I am really looking at suggestions for a similar style SS Bracelet to the original (but better quality) - any suitable suggestions appreciated.

4. ConElPueblo May 9, 2020

Are you sure that this is the correct bracelet in the first place?

Omegafanman likes this.
  5. Omegafanman May 9, 2020

Thanks for the reply - I got some history with the watch / it had been in a drawer broken for a long time. One owner from new and bought around 1969. I would say a high probability this was the original. They bought it from a catalogue back in the day.

6. ConElPueblo May 9, 2020

I think you will have to be lucky to find a similar bracelet in good condition as it most likely is a generic bracelet matched to the watch at the point of sale, so searching it out online will be difficult.

Omegafanman likes this.
  7. Omegafanman May 9, 2020

Also I had done some digging (69/70/71 catalogues of the time) I could not find that specific watch but Accurist was sold via those channels and the strap style seems to match some divers on offer.

Cat 01.jpg
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  8. ConElPueblo May 9, 2020

That advert is all kinds of amazing :D

EDIT: for what it is worth, you could expand your search to bracelets less than 19mm; it looks as if the last links of the bracelet is somewhat narrower than the end links, so probably 17-18mm.

Edited May 9, 2020
    Omegafanman and simomega like this.
  9. Omegafanman May 10, 2020

Thanks - I will have a hunt around / cheers for the tips.