Accuracy - How do you know? How much do you care?

As long as it’s within a couple of minutes over 24hours that’s fine with me (trustworthy enough for a cursory glance during the day). Computer/car/phone are never far away if a time check is pivotal. It’s all about the object as far as I’m concerned.

I've only really become interested in the accuracy of my watches since I acquired my Speedmaster FOIS a couple of years ago. It was my second "good" mechanical watch and I was interested in comparing their performance (my other watch is a Seamaster Pro 2551.80). I check the timekeeping of my watches using an atomic clock app on my mobile phone every couple of days. I'd adjust them so that they're always within a minute of reference time. Don't like being late to an appointment!

It's funny but I would be happy if my FOIS was running at +6 seconds a day but I'd be unhappy if my Seamaster was doing the same thing. I guess it's because the Seamaster is chronometer rated and +6 secs per day is only just within specs, whilst +6 secs per day is well within specs for the FOIS. It all comes down to what your expectations are.

My thanks to all who have posted, I now feel more more normal. Though it could be none of us are normal, hmmmm, now have something else to OCD about!

I use the Dinky/Watchville clock as well. If one of my senior citizens deviate too much over a week of wearing, off to the spa. I really have no objective standard for “deviate too much” .

I use a timegrapher. You can get one for about 100-150 USD. It can tell you some other things about the health of you watches too.

I'm sure we all have a collection of watches not just a few. You are bound to set the time for the watch you wear that day if you rotate here and there. I always have to set my 861 seamaster. Manual winds suck but I still like to do it. So no, I don't really care for accuracy. I pick up my watch, set the time and wear for no more than a few days. Rinse and repeat.