Accidental Damages Now Covered Under Omega Warranty?

I just spoke with an OB manager and was informed that Omega just updated their warranty policy about 3 weeks ago to now cover everything from manufacturer defects, normal wear and tear, and even accidental damage. I asked about this some more and I was told even accidental drops are included in the updated warranty. Obviously, intentional damage to the watch wouldn't be covered. This update applies to all watches that are still under an active warranty.

Has anyone heard this recently? This is pretty big news since we hear about accidental drops all of the time. I searched but didn't find anything here on the OF or on google.

To repeat what I said in the other thread...

Interestingly, an update to the customer care policy was released today. There is a section under accidental damage, and yes some minor things will be covered, but this is far from Omega covering everything.

"Our watches are perfectly suited to resist heavy shocks. All Omega watches are tested according to the official NIHS norms (Swiss watchmaking industry norms) and the internal norms of the Swatch Group.

If a watch comes in with a shock during its warranty (sales and service) or extended warranty period, the service will be performed under warranty unless sign of abuse or an intervention by a non-authorized third party can be doubtlessly proven and consequently void the warranty."

The key is of course what is the difference between accidental damage and abuse. I suspect this will depend a great deal on the severity of the damage.

Not according to what is on the Omega website right now, damage caused by accidents or negligence is not covered.

5-YEAR WARRANTY
ALL OMEGA WATCHES ARE DELIVERED WITH A 5-YEAR WARRANTY THAT COVERS THE REPAIR OF ANY MATERIAL OR MANUFACTURING DEFECTS. PLEASE REFER TO THE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE WARRANTY CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS.

Every OMEGA watch is warranted for a period of sixty (60) months. It covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery. During the warranty period and by presenting the valid warranty certificate, you will have the right to have any defect repaired free of charge. This includes the repair or replacement of any spare parts and/or rectifying any faults as identified by our Customer Service. In the event that repairs are unable to restore the normal conditions of use of your OMEGA watch, OMEGA guarantees its replacement by an OMEGA watch of identical or similar characteristics. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by accidents or negligence. The warranty is rendered void if work is carried out on the watch by persons who are not authorised to do so by OMEGA.

But by what @Archer just posted it looks like there is some new position taken on SOME accidents. Now the argument will be what is considered a covered accident.

This reminds me of a recent Breitling service I had under warranty... The watch started running -30spd after I had worn it to the shooting range. Did this many times in the past with no issue, but that most recent time I was using some larger caliber rifles and I guess the recoil was too much.

Breitling fixed it under warranty, all it said was "low amplitude, movement adjusted."

I think this makes sense for any brand that advertises their watches as "tough". Omega especially, with their anti-shock ratings on the master chronometers.

I'm gonna guess something like dropping your ceramic watch on the floor and cracking the case would not be covered.

Not sure if this pertains, but I read somewhere that the Omega warranty is only valid if purchased from a AD or directly from the Omega online store. I assume a Omega gray market purchase might come with a invalid warranty, can anyone confirm.

Not sure if this pertains, but I read somewhere that the Omega warranty is only valid if purchased from a AD or directly from the Omega online store. I assume a Omega gray market purchase might come with a invalid warranty, can anyone confirm.

Using Jomashop as an example, your warranty is with Jomashop, not the manufacturer (eg Omega.)

A gray market seller may provide good or bad service for their warranty. But you pay less for a watch because the gray marketer does not need to provide a brand warranty. You will not receive a brand's warranty card.

Using Jomashop as an example, your warranty is with Jomashop, not the manufacturer (eg Omega.)

A gray market seller may provide good or bad service for their warranty. But you pay less for a watch because the gray marketer does not need to provide a brand warranty. You will not receive a brand's warranty card.
Thank you for the response. I guess paying alittle more from a Omega AD is worth, plus it takes out the guessing game if it's real or fake. Is Reeds Jewelers a AD for Omega?

Thank you for the response. I guess paying alittle more from a Omega AD is worth, plus it takes out the guessing game if it's real or fake. Is Reeds Jewelers a AD for Omega?

I think they are. They appear in the Omega store list.

Screenshot_20220228-174918_Samsung Internet.jpg

I always go with this logic when buying expensive things such as luxury watches. I am looking at it as paying for assurance and peac of mind.

To repeat what I said in the other thread...

Interestingly, an update to the customer care policy was released today. There is a section under accidental damage, and yes some minor things will be covered, but this is far from Omega covering everything.

"Our watches are perfectly suited to resist heavy shocks. All Omega watches are tested according to the official NIHS norms (Swiss watchmaking industry norms) and the internal norms of the Swatch Group.

If a watch comes in with a shock during its warranty (sales and service) or extended warranty period, the service will be performed under warranty unless sign of abuse or an intervention by a non-authorized third party can be doubtlessly proven and consequently void the warranty."

The key is of course what is the difference between accidental damage and abuse. I suspect this will depend a great deal on the severity of the damage.
This is why I enjoy my Omega, sold my Rolex. Luckily, purchased Rolex when prices reasonable

My friend showered with his Seamaster and the crystal misted.

I went with him to the AD to arrange for repairs. To my surprise the AD just placed it as a warranty repair.
They ended up replacing all the gaskets and did a partial service.

I would have thought this counted as at fault damage, and he needed to pay out of pocket.
We were pleasantly surprised for sure.