Forums Latest Members

Absolutely reeling between GSoTM and Titanium '57. Looking for picture of Ti '57 w/ a black strap!

1. Haizze Jul 18, 2017

First post, apologize if I'm not doing this in the right place...

After years of Rolex and Tag, I am finally able to put down the cash needed to buy a true grail watch.

I've been lusting over the entire SoTM series for years, most specifically the Grey, and until this past Saturday I wasn't even considering any other Speedy's... BUT I finally saw a Titanium Speedy '57 in person the other day... The pictures I've seen absolutely have not done it justice, the blue hands are much more subtle and perfect than I ever imagined they would be... Now I'm having a massive crisis over which to buy...

SO I need some help: I would really really like to see a picture of a Ti Speedy '57 on a black strap - Preferrably very similar to the black leather deployant strap on the Pitch Black DSoTM, but any other material would be greatly appreciated...

THANK YOU!

2. sgrossma Jul 18, 2017

Sorry I don't have the pictures, but I vote you stick with the GSOTM. The ceramic cases are awesome and the grey dial looks very rich. Has always been a favorite of mine. I think the Speedy '57s are less popular, not that it should really affect your decision.

3. yinzerniner Jul 18, 2017

Took about 90 sec on photoshop:
    Full-page-photo.jpg
    Not bad, but would prefer a brown strap or the bracelet.
    Also the SOTM case is a marvel. Prefer that over the white face 57 almost any day. Now, if they were somehow able to make the 57 case design in ceramic.....

Haizze and semper_shells like this.
  4. Haizze Jul 18, 2017

I went in thinking I was sold completely on the GSOTM, i's definitely the far more popular option... The ceramic is such a cool material, the durability is unparalleled, and the dial is borderline erotica.

But after being able to hold them both at the same time, I like the unique touch of flair of the blue accents and the versatility of having the Titanium bracelet on the '57 while the GSOTM doesn't really have the option to be worn with one...:confused:

5. Haizze Jul 18, 2017

Thanks for that, I really dig it! I've never liked brown leather watch bands for whatever reason... I'd get the reference with the bracelet and then build from there

6. sgrossma Jul 18, 2017

You're going to scratch that bezel up :(

7. Haizze Jul 18, 2017

Edited Jul 18, 2017