Forums Latest Members

About to pull the trigger, quick advice!

1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Jun 10, 2015

image.jpg
    Edited Jun 10, 2015
  2. yinzerniner Jun 10, 2015

If you like the style of the piece that's a great price. I wouldn't be worried about the blank warranty card and lack of other cards as long as you do some research on the seller. Also, I would first as the seller for the serial number to do a google check to see if it turns up, and also ask Al very nicely if he can go on the Omega extranet to verify that the piece is legit.
    Other than that I think you're good to go.

3. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Jun 10, 2015

Well, I believe the piece is legit along with the seller. He seems to be active in WUS forums. But the price seems to good to be true, and without full papers I'm always a little irked. I can't find that jewelry store anywhere by that spelling and I'm sure it's just a reference number thing, but there's no "1957" on the dial. But without that, this is older then 2011. Something doesn't line up for me...

4. yinzerniner Jun 10, 2015

Different reference. The one he's selling looks like a 3551.20
    [​IMG]

5. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Jun 10, 2015

Clearly showing a discrepancy in the year 2011 on the card...?

6. yinzerniner Jun 10, 2015

Yah, he probably just picked up a blank card after the fact. Maybe the piece was originally a "grey market" item, or he also could've possibly just picked up the box and card after purchasing just the watch to try to make up for the automatic deduction a lack of "box and papers" does in the resale value.
    Either way $2200 is still a nice price as long as you can verify that the piece is not a franken or a replica.

7. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Jun 10, 2015

That's exactly what I was thinking!
    I'm a sticker about box and papers...
    I'm out!

8. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jun 10, 2015

2011 is not a year on that card, it is Omega's country code for the US.

9. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Jun 10, 2015

Thanks Andy! Learned something new.
    You guys in here have an amazing wealth of knowledge.

Andy K likes this.