Forums Latest Members
  1. charlie1564 Feb 20, 2013

Hello every one,
    i'm looking for a vintage seamaster (60's) with black dial and dauphine hands.
    I've found this one ( apart from the hand..) but i'm not sure if it's genuine or not. Crown? no picture of the case serial number and movement.
    So i'm relying on your expert eyes
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks a lot

2. ulackfocus Feb 20, 2013

Don Draper effect yet again. It's not the original finish on the dial. That would turn off most collectors immediately.

3. charlie1564 Feb 21, 2013

Thanks.
    What makes you say that? No seamaster looked like that in the first place?

What about these
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

or this one
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

last:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks a lot

4. Wheels Feb 21, 2013

OK here is the thing, you asked for advice, you got it. The picture of the watch you posted is a redial. The others pictures you posted in response to Dennis' post have no bearing on your original. The first one is a black waffle (nothing like the original photo), the second one is also a redial as there are luminous dots at the markers but no T either side of Swiss Made (again nothing like your original photo) and the last photo is so crappy and poor that I can't tell you anything about it.
    Yes there were black dialled Seamasters. There is a demand for black dialled Seamasters and so consequently there are now far mor black dialled Seamasters (and Constellations) then ever left the factory.