Forums Latest Members
  1. llvhhui Feb 20, 2018

So I wore this watch with 48 hour power reserve on and off during the weekend. This morning I took it off before I headed to work around 5am. Came home around 7pm to discover it stopped at 630pm. I expect the power reserve to last at least a day. What's happening? Does that mean the watched needs to be serviced? The watch came out about 12 years ago. Recently purchased this watch with unknown service history.

2. JohnSteed Feb 20, 2018

May have done its job,did you wind before going to work? If yes, may need a service

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 20, 2018

Fully wind the watch using the crown, set the time, note it down, them let the watch lay dial up until it stops. If it is supposed to be a 48 hour reserve, that's what you should get in terms of run time.

Cheers, Al

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. llvhhui Feb 20, 2018

Not this morning. But I did wind it last night before I went to bed.

5. Canuck Feb 20, 2018

Knowing the running time after a full manual wind (50 turns or more) is important. If it shows a full 48 hour run time, after is runs down and stops, wind it a bit manually to get it running, then wear it a FULL 24 hours on a day when you are normally active. That means wearing at night as well. Note the time when you take it off, then note the run time when the auto wind is winding it. If you don’t get a full 48 hours with that test, chances are there are problems with the auto wind. Stop and go wearing patterns do not give a realistic assessment of run time.