Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2014

This is what my Facebook page looked like this morning:

FBpage.png

Yep, nothing new whatsoever! I was tired of the never ending stream of "Look what I ate" and "Look where I went" and "Look what my kid did" posts, so I un-followed everyone unilaterally regardless of whether or not they were interesting. From now on it's back to the old school REAL way of keeping up with my friends and family: calling them, or better yet getting together. Social media is making people less social and it's not gonna infect me any longer.

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 12, 2014

Am I the only one who has never had or wanted a Facebook account ?

3. Fretworker Nov 12, 2014

Nope, what about Twitter (ditto nope)?

MikiJ likes this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 12, 2014

I've often said that I want to found the first "anti-social" network. I have a Facebook account, but only rarely use it.
    gatorcpa

Redwheelbarrow and dougiedude like this.
  5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 12, 2014

I joined FB in 2006 when it was good to share photos with your friends of your travels or a big birthday bash for example...

I left FB 2 months ago and have not logged on since! It became a monotonous stream of videos i dint want to see, adverts of shit i was not interested in so for me i was done!

Fusion likes this.
  6. pitpro Likes the game. Nov 12, 2014

never had a FB account
    NSA front

tpatta likes this.
  7. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2014

I'm not a twit so I have no Twitter account. I've never looked at Pinterest. My Facebook account is under an alias, created mainly to play Candy Crush. Over the time I've had it, some friends of friends, twice-removed / thrice-removed family, and family by marriage have been let in on the account name by somebody else and have sent friendship requests. I won't reject them, but it just isn't worth seeing a dozen-ish posts a day per person from people I see MAYBE once a year or two. Seriously, does anyone want to view this kind of drivel? I gave one of Windy's aunts a new nickname on her last visit: Auntie Selfie, for obvious reasons. She's an intelligent woman who has a good sense of humor and is fun to be around, but I just don't want to deal with her Facebook page. I could go on about the inane "selfie challenge" (yes, I'm not kidding) that doesn't benefit any charity nor do anyone any good besides inflate the participants' own egos, but I'll spare you the details.

Let me conclude with my observation of human behavior since the turn of the century: Narcissism murdered modesty.

John R Smith, Dogmann, NT931 and 2 others like this.
  8. pitpro Likes the game. Nov 12, 2014

A laser
    Love it Dennis!

JohnSteed likes this.
  9. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Nov 12, 2014

Alpha said:
    Am I the only one who has never had or wanted a Facebook account ?
    Nope, what about Twitter (ditto nope)?
    Hell, I refuse to text and somehow I get by.

CdnWatchDoc likes this.
  10. Fretworker Nov 12, 2014

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

UncleBuck likes this.
  11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 12, 2014

I know a guy at work who said he knows somebody who's on Facebook, that's the closest I get to it.

Must be a bit of a interweb Luddite, the ONLY electronic interaction I have, other than emails and maybe SMS to family, is Omega Forums.
    I was a member of a number of forums but pulled the pin on them as fast as they degenerated into "is this a fake" realm.

Spacefruit likes this.
  12. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Nov 12, 2014

Dennis, I dropped Facebook about a year ago when I realized how much I was complaining to my wife about all the dumb crap all my 'friends' were posting. Never looked back. I bet you don't either.

13. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2014

Sounds like the same road I'm on. Windy asked me to refrain from chastising the fringe friends about things like a "7 day selfie challenge" (please don't ask - it's like some of these mid-30's to mid-50's women are regressing into self absorbed spoiled teen age girls). Soon after is when I came to the decision to stop following everyone.

14. alam Nov 12, 2014

did you check your wifi connection? :D

15. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 12, 2014

No. This place is the closest I get to social media - and Dennis is far too old to be playing Facebook :confused:

16. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2014

17. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 12, 2014

18. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 12, 2014

Facebook? What facebook?

19. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Nov 12, 2014

I have never been remotely tempted.

20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 12, 2014

How about watch narcissism? (smiley.........damn those emoticons decided not to appear in my reply box)

Mathlar likes this.