A Wittnauer and I don’t know much about them

So this isn’t a “what’s it worth thing” as I know this watch is not high value. I stopped by my buddies shop as I heard his mother had passed I wanted to pass along my condolences. Fortunately he is doing well so it turned into a positive visit. I always try to buy a couple things but all I found this time was a box of old sturdy spring bars and some watch tools which he only wanted five bucks for the only thing I could find of some interest was this whitnauer. Plus a vase for my wife. Not sure if this is worth getting serviced. Actually I kind of want to as I like bringing back forgotten things. I’m a little confused as to where this was made. I’m thinking US. Looks like the dial got nicked up during some services or maybe it fell open along the way. Some spots are cleaning off lightly with a QTip. Some are definitely scratches. I payed a whopping 5 bucks, it’s running, actually wound it full at 8p and it’s been accurate for a half hour. I also don’t have a wittnauer so I’m leaning towards getting it going and finding a leather band. I’ll probably spend more than the watch is worth but it’s just for me to wear. Bad photos sunlight long gone just wondering if anyone knows much about these google hasn’t got me to far yet. Edit some dial marks are crystal reflections but the dial definitely has some marks.
90A3126E-86D4-4F44-9B48-B36372BC24A8.jpeg FA81417F-67FA-4C12-9E55-71349324D7AC.jpeg 2B92FDFC-60A7-48F9-B10D-D8EA656B0EDE.jpeg

That’s a pretty watch. @Canuck may know something about them, may even be able to steer you towards where to get a new crystal for it.

Actually perhaps those sub-seconds marks were they redone? And I’m thinking it says SWISS at the bottom of the dial but it may have been touched up looking at it under a loop is not helping

That’s a pretty watch. @Canuck may know something about them, may even be able to steer you towards where to get a new crystal for it.
Crystal may be ok if I clean it up a bit interesting cut on it
image.jpg

Movement is Swiss, and cased in the US.

I wish I could make out dates on those service marks showed the watch meant something to someone or someone’s over the years. Oh yeah I think I’m seeing Swiss on the movement in the pic I missed that with my naked eye I was too busy watching the movement run which I always find entertaining

I might as well add now I have begun negotiations on a seiko helmut. Mind you this is # four. It’s my buddy out west he keeps running into them and has tried to get one for me. Three times I have agreed on a price. Even said I’ll do friends and family. They agreed but I assume what’s happening is they find someone local with cash in hand and just go the fastest route. The fourth one I mentioned he put up online prior to knowing I was interested and I missed it by minutes.
I’m keeping my expectations reasonable not really expecting it at this point I’m tired of seiko helmut heartbreak. I’ll focus on my not so great wittnauer it can tell time which is what the seiko does so I guess it’s pretty much the same thing.

Crystal may be ok if I clean it up a bit interesting cut on it
image.jpg
The crystals on these tended to be mineral glass, if so the scratches won’t clean up.

The crystals on these tended to be mineral glass, if so the scratches won’t clean up.
Ya there was some “gunk” on the exterior that I was able to remove with soap and water. I thought I got it all but when I put it back I noticed some left. I’ll remove it again in daylight get a better idea. I notice with the mineral glass sometimes you need to feel for scratches they can be hard to see or perhaps it’s my crappy eyesight.

Movement is Swiss, and cased in the US.

My gut is telling me A Schild, but not with great certainty.