A tale of two dynamic handsets

IMG_4471.png
So I got the handset on the right a month or more back from Switzerland. The one on the left today. I needed the sweep hand, so decided to go for the full set.

Both handsets were listed as fitting a 565 which seems to be common in these models. I probably could have returned the first set. Not worth the hassle shipping back to the Confederation Helvetique.

Seems more and more like sellers are not bothering to actually check that parts are really what is advertised. Does get annoying. As it is always a chance, and a long wait.

Not sure what the larger hands are really for. They look a lot like the ones on my chronostop. Not ready to take that apart (Again?) although it needs a good cleaning. I did try them on the Lemania 105 and they are too small for that movement.

The crack in the dyle seems more visible with the crystal. I have had the dyle for years. The crack does not bother me. Gives it character. The movement was pretty ratty too.

Need to find some sort of way to support the seconds pinion when pressing on the sweep. There is a temp rando sweep so I can watch it ticky tick.

Was surprised the random crystal from the 99cent seller seems to fit. I have some reflector rings I can try. Still need case clamps and dyle screws.

Want to see if I can make a strap for it. Probably should just get an aftermarket one to use as a template first.