Forums Latest Members

A short review: Erich's (Mac_Omega) book, "Omega 30mm Chronometers"

1. Franco May 13, 2019

Good morning

as some of you know, I have an unhealthy passion for Omega 30T2 (30T2SCRg, 30T2Rg, 262, 281, etc). After years of collecting, I also wrote a short article which according to many is pleasant to read and informative:

http://squelettewatches.com/chronometres-30mm/

Now I have just received what I consider the new Bible of this area. It is written by Erich Lexer (Mac_omega here and on various other watch forums), who is simply (apart from a friend) the one person that I truly respect as an all-round Omega Chronometre expert. More than Bienne, more than anyone else.

The book is called "Omega 30mm Chronometer", and is huge both physically and by its contents.

Obviously I was familiar with many topics, but for example I only now have learnt of the existence of certain other chronometric references, of the exquisite details of versions for specific markets (even of the "FabSuisse" ones for the French market - which I thought I knew) , and many other small things of enormous interest for the enthusiast but also the merchant or the expert. You will find unexpected observations, and I suspect that every time you read new ones will pop up for our attention.

In short, I spent (and will pass) the next weekends with this book, and enjoy any moment of it.

Ciao
    Franco

PS: Just to clarify, I have no personal interest - I paid in whole for the book and I intend to consume it with the power of my eyes!

Contact the author to find out more: [email protected]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited May 13, 2019
  2. Germanicus May 13, 2019

Good introduction, not in a hurry but still waiting for mine ::popcorn::

3. Cuttysark May 14, 2019

Received today my copy! It's perfect!:)

4. dmgreen11 May 14, 2019

Should have mine soon.

5. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer May 15, 2019

I received mine today and it is really EXTREMELY good. Superb pictures and wonderfully written.

6. mac_omega May 18, 2019

Hi Franco,

thank you very much for your really kind words.

I am honored when somebody like you (as a respected chronometer collector) writes such a benevolent review.

kind regards
    Erich

Psych, Ludi, Foo2rama and 3 others like this.
  7. CdnWatchDoc May 22, 2019

Received mine today - an excellent new reference that sets a very high standard! Thank you Erich!

M'Bob likes this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 22, 2019

Thanks for the review, I'd also add that Erich is self-publishing and distributing this tome himself which is no small feat, with the amount of time that must have gone into it and the associated costs I doubt he's ever going to really see any fair compensation for everything that went into this so please do support him if you find the topic interesting as it takes collectors with genuine love and passion for a niche topic to make things like this happen :thumbsup:

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 22, 2019

If you’re a diehard fan buy it for the information. If you have a passing interest buy it for the eye candy photos.

10. omegastar May 23, 2019

I received my copy a couple of days ago and the least I can say is that it is a solid book.
    Congrats to you Erich.
    Mounir

11. M'Bob May 23, 2019

And would be so in paperback as well...

12. jumpingsecond May 24, 2019

This book is absolutely beautiful ::love::I salute you, Erich!
    20190524_172506.jpg

13. Romega Dec 26, 2019

I got my copy on Christmas eve..
    What a book!! Beautiful, with tons of high quality pictures. I was lucky and found a Omega 30mm chronometre recently. For me a very rare and "unique" watch. But in this book you will find all the refrences with all the details on every model. Sad news is that my watch was not all that unique after all.

I'm deeply impressed by the work done to produce this book.

Edited Dec 26, 2019