Forums Latest Members

A Rollercoaster Day (WARNING: vintage content from several brands)

1. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2014

Snow. More snow. Then snow on top of it. Finally made the calls to send everyone home, made up a little sign to put on the store doors to let everyone know we closed due to the weather (as if it wasn't obvious, but it isn't in some parts), brushed the snow off the car while warming it up, and hit the road just before 1 in the afternoon.

4 hours and 10 minutes later I got home. No, that wasn't a typo. More than 4 ::censored::ing hours! These people can't drive, and snow removal is horrendous this year! :mad: So I pretty much fuming when I pull up at home - and then the Watch Gods made up for it!

[​IMG]

The replacement crown for the Centenary, the Genève Dynamic, the Zenith EP, and the IWC all arrived today. ::jumpy:: Well, the IWC was just back from a service tweak for the date change and improper tension on the indirect seconds pinion (taken care of by the eBay seller at the shop she had it done with no charge), but the rest are new to me. Not a bad day after all!

2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 21, 2014

Congrats on your first EP? Was that crown bought from the batch that was discussed in an earlier thread?

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 21, 2014

Can't always buy Centenaries and Conquests everyday. Nice to accomplish the little things. :thumbsup:

4. JohnSteed Jan 21, 2014

Could not happened at a more perfect time. Great way to end a crappy day.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 21, 2014

:thumbsup:

And maybe you need one of these

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 21, 2014

Nice mix - little of this, little of that. Should keep you amused for a bit.

7. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2014

Thanks guys!

Yep, my first - and a long time coming. :cool:

Yes. I'm not too concerned about it being a perfect match, only that it fits and is about the same size. I'll save the original crown.

Yeah, it gets kind of repetitious. :p

For sure! It almost cured my headache from that drive. Almost. The ibuprofen and tawny port did the rest.

Pretty cool - a battlebot for snow. I'll stick to my toy though.

The EP needs some parts, and both it and the Dynamic will go for service and some work. Gotta find a black strap for the Dynamic that fits a 14.5 mm buckle. Orange stitching prefered, but white stitching and a sharpie work too. ;)

8. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 21, 2014

Not too worrried about it myself. Also got one myself. Now hoping to find the right 2500, if it ever needs to be used

9. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2014

Doing a Lou, eh? :p Find the accessories first and hunt the watch to put them on later!

I'm surprised you even admitted to buying one, you sly dog.

10. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 21, 2014

:p