Forums Latest Members
  1. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 6, 2013

$T2eC16FHJIYE9qUcNUTKBQ47k7f,Ig~~60_58.jpg $T2eC16FHJIYE9qUcNUTKBQ47k4N4Yg~~60_58.jpg $(KGrHqZHJFcFDS+5-m!UBQ47k3qEiw~~60_14.jpg Hi,
    I was thinking of taking a gamble on this, probably offering up to $750, what do you guys think? The seller looks legit but doesn't know what she is selling, so would you roll the dice, or hold on to you cash?
    The auction ends in a couple of hours....

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 6, 2013

There's a nicer Automatic version on sale from an Internet shop for $1,150. I am not vouching for or endorsing this seller, just presenting it for comparison:

http://www.timelyclassics.com/portal/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=415

No idea on whether this seller would be open to offers or not.. Might be worth an email before committing to the watch above.

The back should be lightly engraved with the Hippocampus logo. Your picture of the back is too small to view.

I would think that due to fragility of the bezel and engraving, condition would be more critical with this model,

So don't overpay,
    gatorcpa

Edit - Here's another one where the seller is asking even more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Omega-...050520370?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item4ac01a2b32Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Not sure if the manual wind version is worth a premium, but I wouldn't think so.

3. ulackfocus Jan 6, 2013

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 6, 2013

Thanks Gator, the example you suggested look much nicer. I know (in my head) the condition, condition, condition advice but am very forgetful when I see something that looks like a bargain. I think I will try to hold back and save my pennies for when a better example comes along.

just looked again and the second one you listed is the same watch! Very odd???

5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 6, 2013