Forums Latest Members
  1. pdeforest Aug 1, 2016

Hello Everyone. I just stumbled into this wonderful forum and I would like to ask a question.

In the 1950's my Father lived in France and brought watches from Switzerland to sell. He made a living buying and selling Swiss watches and loved them. He owned an Omega that I can remember, it was a very simple watch with clean lines, I think from the early 1960's and was a solid gold case and a Constellation. I believe it was an automatic and had a date window. Some of the Seamasters look similar also, and I understand the difference between the two.

Long story short, my Father passed away and that watch is long gone. I would like to find something similar, 14 or 18k case, Constellation or Seamaster, early 60's, non-Pie Pan, possibly with a second hand, that has at least some polishing and refurbishing as a watch for daily wear, something that would remind me of him.

I would like something perhaps with a light patina, but with at least some polishing, that looks sharp with simple lines and runs well.

Can any of you suggest some places I should look and any watches you know of that are available?

2. pdeforest Aug 1, 2016

Sorry, a couple of last notes. I would like to buy in the US from a knowledgeable seller, and don't want to use eBay. Thanks.

3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Aug 1, 2016

4. pdeforest Aug 1, 2016

Many thanks.

5. tapaptpat Aug 1, 2016

@pdeforest, Seems you got your late father good taste in watches.

I don't own a Connie, tried a couple of times but my goto reference was the site @ahsposo posted. And check with experts on here. It won't be long before your hunting a great piece. Good luck

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk