Forums Latest Members
  1. MKelley Aug 12, 2012

I see threads mentioning WATCHCO. Tell me what a newbie should know.Thanks:unsure:

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 12, 2012

A long time dealer of omega parts in australia who put together a lot of "vintage" seamaster 300 watches using spare parts and movements taken from various cheaper omega watches. Some of the omega parts they sell are otherwise unobtainable from anywhere else.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2012

4. MKelley Aug 12, 2012

Thanks, that's the reason I asked. The one in California is OC Watch Co. Do you know anything about the one in California?:unsure:

5. MKelley Aug 12, 2012

Thanks, I saw there is also OC WatchCo, in California. Do you know anything about OC WatchCo?:unsure:

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 13, 2012

Different company, don't really know anything about them, basically the Watchco watches are modern built examples of vintage watches using all new parts, people sometimes call them NOS (New old stock) which is incorrect, these are really New re-manufactured stock, or parts made to original specifications with some modern enhancement over time (like for example the bezels on SM300s are super luminova rather than tritium or radium as are the dials).

The plus side to them is its not a fake, everything is genuine Omega, it just didn't come that way from the factory but was rather assembled by a third party, as a result of that Timezone and some other sites ban discussion of them, but from my perspective, as long as you're 100% honest about what it is, there's no real problem with them, and its unlikely that anyone would confuse a Watchco with its bright glowing white lume for an original SM300 anyway.

7. MKelley Aug 13, 2012

That's a really good, concise explanation. Thanks:thumbsup: