Forums Latest Members

A rarity from the 40's , the Eska rose gold valjoux 88 chronograph

1. georgeszaslavsky Mar 1, 2020

Good Morning

For some, the rarity is something exclusive and exceptionally rare which is no longer produced and especially in exceptional condition for others they are limited modern series. In terms of watches, the rarity resides in my opinion in disappeared brands, little known or ignored by the general public and which have made very beautiful pieces in their glorious years. This is the case with my first solid gold chronograph a Valjoux 88 triple date from the Eska brand (disappeared brand) from 1950 with the horns in a drop of water and in a really exceptional condition. The golden age of mechanical chronographs started in the late 30s until the early 70s. Think outside the box and dare to be original rather than buying what everyone buys allows you to build a collection original and atypical (yes it is my case and my choices are assumed 200%). Pictures of the seller, I will post mine as soon as it arrives.

Have a nice week end

Sincerely

Georges
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bubba48, MarktheTime, aap and 7 others like this.
  2. Walrus Mar 1, 2020

Damn looks like it’s been sitting in a museum.

3. Screwbacks Mar 1, 2020

that's supernice.

4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 1, 2020

Beautiful watch, congrats.
    For me, a watch that is too rare and perfect would be a problem because I would be afraid to damage it while wearing it. I have a handful of rare watches but some are military and therefore scruffed up, and most them have movements that were mass produced so easier to find parts and donors for.

georgeszaslavsky likes this.
  5. loniscup Mar 1, 2020

Saw it on the Fb group too!! The condition is jaw dropping, congratulations!!

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 1, 2020

Beautiful watch in exceptional condition.
    gatorcpa

7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 1, 2020

Stunning!