Forums Latest Members
  1. fjf Oct 25, 2017

Recently, an important number of the posts in this forum are about Speedmasters. I suggest: wouldn't be easier for all of us (those interested and those not interested) to separate those in a subforum dedicated to them?.

I am not trying to start an argument or step on someone's toes. Just trying to make things here easier, more functional.

Opinions, please?.

If the mods believe I am out of line (which is not my intention), please delete the thread.

Magnix likes this.
  2. Tubber Oct 25, 2017

This has been raised before and the Mods decided to keep things as they are.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 25, 2017

Its an extremely difficult and labour intensive task if we went that route and for now we would rather leave it as is

4. Tubber Oct 25, 2017

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 25, 2017

There's actually a lot of other reasons too as I think the cross pollination between different types of collectors is important, there are inevitably going to be some Speedmaster guys that simply haven't been exposed to the Seamaster line or Constellation Piepans or cool vintage models like the Dynamic and I want them to see that and have some of it rub off on them and vice versa rather than having a sort of segregation set in and people tunnel visioning on their own small corner of the Omega collecting community. If it were separate entirely there would be some members that would just never meet each-other or interact which would be very sad indeed.

6. Tubber Oct 25, 2017

Before you know it'll be like WUS with so many forums, sub-forums etc it's hard to navigate. Completely agree with cross-pollination, that's what makes the WRUW thread so good.

7. Watchmutt Oct 25, 2017

I agree. I want the forums to be easy to use and navigate through. WUS is a good example of a huge unwieldy, tiring, forum that I dont have the patience to sort through.

heavenscloud likes this.
  8. mikechi22 Oct 25, 2017

I’m a new guy here, well newish, and it totally worked on me! I came here to learn about Seamasters and Connies and in the process got interested in Speedmasters. Where before I was completely indifferent to them, I now want one! In the worst way. If they had been walled away in another forum, I would never have picked up anything about them. It would be like the Rolex and Tag posts that pop up; I just ignore them! So, I heartily support the one, big, happy Omega family approach!

sevenhelmet and speedamatuer like this.
  9. mr_yossarian Oct 25, 2017

A "Sub-forum" for Speedmasters would totally confuse me.

10. cristos71 Oct 25, 2017

Totally agree here, it is only in the last 18 months or so that things have become somewhat lop-sided on OF ( should that be lollipop-sided for the Speedmaster fans? :D ) Who's to say in a couple of years things aren't completely different. These things come and go, then it was 70's colourful Omega's...then it was golden Connie's and De luxe Seamaster's...

11. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Oct 25, 2017

This.

12. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 25, 2017

I'm still on the lookout for a 1980s Speedmaster to finish my decades collection. I'm also looking for any gold speedmaster with gold bracelet, so long as a LE. Please send leads.

And I just made this post so I could say, this thread is meaningless without pics.

It's plenty easy to read this message board without a speedmaster sub form.

image.png

Uniqez, M.D. and mikechi22 like this.
  13. fjf Oct 25, 2017

OK, there is a general agreement about NOT doing it. :thumbsup:

nonuffinkbloke and Nathan1967 like this.
  14. tyrantlizardrex Oct 25, 2017

So... can we have a subforum, about subforums, about subforums, about subforums?

nixf6, drhex, nonuffinkbloke and 2 others like this.
  15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 25, 2017

Let's have a poll (pol? pole?)

Sorry, haven't done a poll/pol/pole since I was on WUS.

heavenscloud and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  16. Tubber Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, you could have 2915, 2998, 105, 145 then if it ain't pre-Moon it must be post-Moon. Then you could have Radium, Tritium, SL lume. Straight lug, Lyre lug the possibilities are endless.

Nathan1967 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  17. Tubber Oct 25, 2017

I would pay money to see you do a pole........dance.

kov and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  18. panaitchrono Oct 25, 2017

In my opinion the things are good as they are...

19. tyrantlizardrex Oct 25, 2017

We should have a subforum where your opinion can be debated in full.

20. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 25, 2017

I for one like Constellations (not just pie pans :cautious:)
    And unlikely to ever buy a Speedmaster.

However, even I have been glued to my seat waiting for the next instalment of the Soap Opera that is
    ‘rare Speedmaster holy grail jet black non-wedge dial’

The knowledge and discussion on the forum (about all watches - yes even LCD ) is what makes it worth reading

So even though there seems to be a lot of ‘Speedy traffic’ at the moment - another vote for leaving things just as they are.