Forums Latest Members
  1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 9, 2016

1-p03lcphh-001.jpg

And I'm not taking it off.

I am away, so browsing my collection is restricted to wandering around my hard drive in the middle of the Jet Lag night.

Reminded of this, one of my favorites. Also one of my cheapest, bought last year for $1850 - I even recommended it to anyone who would listen, but they didn't so I did.

1-P5070005.jpg

It had a non original, odd coloured chrono hand. So being a miser, I had this lollipop lying around from when an Asian watchmaker I work with said "hey, have this, I think its for a 2998". My thrill turned to disappointment when I realized it had nothing to do with a 2998, and maybe nothing to do with Omega....but it fitted right on this.

The watch was a bit of a mess when I got it, but all superficial.

Not expecting this to be a long thread....just wanted to share the joy of a watch that didn't cost much, is not correct, and gives me enormous pleasure.

2. M'Bob Sep 9, 2016

Nice. In the old days, they called it"customizing." A lot of fun in that. Franken, somehow, has a more notorious connotation.

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Sep 9, 2016

Gives me enormous pleasure.....means not for sale
    Correct

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 9, 2016

Not for sale no. Sorry.

5. Kwijibo Sep 9, 2016

I find it nice though. But you no I'm a big fan of fake chrono hands (joke) :D

oddboy, Spacefruit and Davidt like this.