A new member , Ed White Speedmaster? ...

Dear all,

I just became a member two days ago just because I stumbled over an old Ed White. It's a solid watch for the era and I understand why it was good for space missions. No date and manually-wound should be the way when it comes to chronographs!!

I hope you don't mind me floating around the vintage section.

Regards,
Ken

hi, and welcome to OF.
enjoy the forum, lots a knowledge and nice people

Nice find and welcome to the forum.
Can we see some pics of the dial please?

Very nice, and welcome! 👍

Good thing you made a good entry, with pictures and everything!

"Snowflakes" who don't often melt quickly round here. ::stirthepot::

Thanks! This is my second Speedmaster with this first one (pic below) failed👎 (rather I was failed!). It was too dressy for a tool watch, but the Ed White is a true tool watch and I am totally charmed this time.

Moved for exposure, better placement.

Thought you had already done that...
Where are you living now Steve
😁 😁

Austin Texas, sort of like Australia, some good, some bad, but different from everywhere else.

Really nice watch. Congratulations. One of my grials, if not "the" grial. Enjoy it 😀

Enjoy it 😀

Thank you! I'll enjoy it for the years to come. It's a pleasant surprise to realize the exceptional quality of Cal. 321. I have a Valjoux 72 from the 60s and thought V72 is one of the best chronographs around. Well, I may be naive about this and this Lemania 2310 based chronograph is as good as V72 if not better in terms of the tolerance applied for production. I know some people don't agree with this, but I will swap the case back with an aftermarket display case back (so that I can enjoy the movement).