A new guy says hello

Hi all,

Long time listener first time caller as they say. I’m a big Omega watch fan since I can remember and finally I got to the point in my life when I can move on from window shopping to an actual shopping.

When originally released this watch went under my radar, and after several years I took me a hot second to find my favourite Omega brand new at the AD, but eventually I got lucky and I can now properly join Omega club.

no. 372/1948. My first Omega. I’m a happy camper now 😀.

Thank you all, wholeheartedly appreciate it. I always loved mid twentieth century’s designs and having this with a modern METAS tech is like a dream come true.
I was also considering Railmaster 1957 reissue, but Seamaster 1948 simply speaks to me better.

BTW, this Railmaster - maybe a touch too long l2l, but otherwise - super cool and heavily underrated watch. I was offered a 35% discount from retail for a brand new piece at my local AD. I know getting SM was a right choice for me, but this RM especially for this money was hard to let go. Maybe next time…

Congrats & welcome to the forums! Lots of fun, but also lots of education here! Enjoy!